The HUB Team led by Marie-Agnès Dillies and Christophe Malabat is part of the Center of Bioinformatics, BioStatistics and Integrative Biology. The HUB team is composed by biostatistics and bioinformatics experts.
The Hub offers various services to the campus :
- Short questions : if you have a simple question about bioinformatics and / or statistics, you can ask your question on our website. A mail is sent to all Hub members and one of them will answer you within a few hours.
- Open desk : come and discuss about your data, your project, your analyses or just about bioinformatics and biostatistics every Tuesday morning from 10 to 12 in room 26-06-06-A. Hub members with complementary fields of expertise will be ready to answer your questions and discuss with you.
- Collaborative projects : if you are starting a project or you are planning experiments and you need advice and / or help in bioinformatics and biostatistics to analyze your data or develop a specific software. Dedicated Hub members can be involved in your project from the beginning.
We will acknowledge your submission and contact you to define more precisely your needs, the time and the expertise needed to do the job and the Hub member(s) that will be involved. We have three types of projects, depending on the cumulative time needed to do it
- Short (less than 2 weeks),
- Medium (less than 3 months) and
- Long. Decisions concerning long projects are taken by the C3BI steering committee that meets every 4 months.
Hub members involved in collaborative projects can be embedded in your unit if a close cooperation is needed for more efficiency. The rules to welcome a Hub member in your lab are described here.
You can have an overview of all the ongoing projects here.
All projects submitted to the HUB, since it’s creation, by the different Units of the campus
- Trainings : the Hub offers practical trainings on specific bioinformatics and biostatistics topics throughout the year. These training sessions are of open access to all people from the Institut. The program can be checked here.
- Seminars : the C3BI has set up periodic seminars related to Bioinformatics, Biostatistics and Integrative Biology. There are two kinds of seminars: Methodological seminars (~45mn+questions), aimed at improving knowledge and mutual interactions within Institut Pasteur. Most of these seminars will focus on methods discussing a subject in informatics, statistics, mathematics or modelisation, and Large audience seminars (~1h+questions,) with educational talks (beyond methodological aspects) presenting the challenges and biological results. Seminars take place on Thursdays at 2 pm in room Lwoff 14 retrovirus. You can have an overview of upcoming seminars and previous ones here.
- Software development : the Hub develops specific software on demand when existing tools do not fulfill the user needs. You can find all the tools developed within the Institut Pasteur on the Bioweb website.