The website https://research.pasteur.fr is provided by Institut Pasteur.
The aim of this website, designed especially for the scientific community of Institut Pasteur, is to offer relevant digital tool allowing each of the teams to add, edit and regularly update the information related to its research activity, thus increasing the visibility of the team and its members. Use of the Website (together with the documents referred to on it) is governed by these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
Please read them now.
By using the Website you indicate that you accept the Terms and Conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you are not willing to accept these Terms and Conditions you may not use the Website.
Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and Institut Pasteur reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service it provides on the Website without notice.
From time to time, we (i.e Institut Pasteur) may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users who have registered with us.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
This Website and its content are provided “as is,” and Institut Pasteur makes no express or implied representations, warranties or undertaking about:
- any of the content of the Website (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, performance, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content); or
- any content of any third party website referred to or accessed to by link through the Website
Nothing contained on this Website shall be construed as providing consult or advice to you. The content of the Website is for your general information and use only.
Moreover, Institut Pasteur makes no guarantee that this Website is free from computer viruses.
It is strongly recommended that you check for such viruses before downloading it or its content.
4. Uploading material to the Website (Your content)
The persons who are authorized to put content on this Website are persons who have a specific computer account for the Website. These authorized persons shall be chosen among scientific staff and alumni.
In these Terms and Conditions, “Your Content” shall mean any audio, video, text, images or other material you choose to display on this Website.
With respect to Your Content, by displaying it, you grant Institut Pasteur a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute it in any and all media.
In accordance with French law, Your Content must :
- must not infringe any third party’s intellectual rights, copyrights;
- comply with all applicable laws and regulations, and without limitation, public order, morality and ethics;
- respect third party’s rights, and without limitation image, name, private life;
- not contain any personal data;
Your Content must also comply with Institut Pasteur’s internal regulations.
Moreover, you are strictly prohibited from :
- using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in a way that causes, or may cause, harm to the Website (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data) , or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website, or while using this Website;
- using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing;
Institut Pasteur has the right to remove any material or posting you make on the Website if such material does not comply with the provisions set out above or for any other reason whatsoever.
In addition, Institut Pasteur shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of the provisions set out on this webpage.
Institut Pasteur accepts no liability for any claims, penalties, loss or expenses arising from any reliance placed on the content of the Website; the use or inability to use the Website; the downloading of any materials from the Website; or any unauthorised access to or alteration to the Website.
This Website and its entire content are protected by intellectual property rights.
You may view, download any part of this Website for private purposes, but you are not permitted, without Institut Pasteur‘s permission to:
- store the Website, or any part of the Website, for any other purpose;
- print copies of the Website, or any part of the Website, for any other purpose;
- reproduce, copy or transmit the Website, or any part of the Website, in any way, for any other purpose or in any other medium.
All other rights which are not specifically granted are reserved.
Links to third party websites are for your convenience only. Such websites are operated and controlled by third parties and their inclusion does not imply any endorsement or approval by Institut Pasteur of the materials on such websites.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render these Terms and Conditions unenforceable or invalid as a whole, and such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
Institut Pasteur reserves tbe right to amend or replace the Terms and Conditions at any time , and by using this Website you are expected to read such Terms and Conditions on a regular basis.
Institut Pasteur shall be permitted to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms and Conditions without any notification or consent required. However, you shall not be permitted to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
11. Entire agreement
These Terms and Conditions, including any legal notices and disclaimers contained on this Website, constitute the entire agreement between Institut Pasteur and you in relation to your use of this Website, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings with respect to the same.
12. Law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of France and any disputes that may arise shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Paris (France) courts.
The person authorized to carry out controls on the Website’s content and use is Nathalie de Parseval, Scientific Secretary General.
Any question regarding the use of the Website should be adressed to : firstname.lastname@example.org
– Institut Pasteur
25-28 rue du Docteur Roux