The Carnot Label
Carnot label is granted to public research structures, showing high level R&I competencies dedicated to fostering innovation with industrial partners. The Carnot Institutes (IC) are funded to conduct upstream research capable of renewing their scientific and technological skills, and an ambitious partnership research policy to the benefit of the socio-economic world.
The Carnot Institute “Pasteur Microbes & Health” (Pasteur Microbes & Santé, Pasteur MS)
Through an interdisciplinary research and integrative approach, Pasteur MS aims to provide a better understanding of the fundamental mechanisms of host/pathogen interactions and microbes’ impacts on human health.
In addition to the six Pasteur Institutes’ research departments showing expertise in the field of infectious diseases (Cell Biology & Infection – Infection and Epidemiology – Microbiology – Mycology – Parasites and Insect Vectors – Virology), it gathers 3 research units from the Immunology department (Antibodies in Therapy and Pathology – Immune regulation and Vaccinology – Microenvironment and Immunity) and cutting-edge technological platforms through the integration of the Center for Innovation & Technological Research (Citech).
Pasteur MS addresses societal and economical health challenges, in a global perspective, aiming to foster the development of innovative products in partnership with biotechnology and healthcare industries. In the mean time, Pasteur MS’s goal is to keep curiosity driven research at the highest level.
Pasteur MS strategic topics are:
- Microbiota and Non-communicable Diseases
- Early, rapid and sensitive Diagnostics tools
- Emerging and Re-emerging diseases
- Nosocomial infectious Diseases and antibiotic resistance
- Therapeutic strategies targeting the host – personalized medicine
Innovative technology, transfer towards companies for partnerships research are at the core strategy of the Institut Carnot “Pasteur Microbes & Health”.
- Strong identity built on a famous history
- Autonomy (“Institut Pasteur” being a non-for-profit private foundation) that strengthens uniqueness, flexibility and capacity to gather expertise
- A comprehensive infrastructure supporting research and public health, including technological platforms, located on a single campus
- Proven track record of close collaborations with health industry
- Innovative technology transfer mechanisms leading to the creation of start-up companies or to commercialization, showing an ambitious strategy to support all major bio-industry sectors
- Institut Pasteur is the National Reference Center For E. Coli And Shigella, Salmonella, Meningococcus, Listeria, Pertussis And Other Bordetella, Anaerobic Bacteria And Botulism
A multidisciplinary research
Pasteur MI strives to combine a unique know-how with multidisciplinary scientific approaches to offer its industrial partners relevant answers to major economic and public health issues.
An internationally recognized actor
- Collaborative projects with international stakeholders to advance research in life science
- Global international network of 33 “Instituts Pasteur “ based on the five continents, enriching scientific exchanges and offering deep knowledge of the local fields