The Biomics Pole is the CITECH structure at Institut Pasteur for Next Generation Sequencing. Biomics is headed by Sean Kennedy. Biomics handles both service and collaborative projects and works closely with the C3BI and DSI to provide data analysis solutions and data storage for researchers. Please contact us for pricing and turnaround times, or for any questions you might have.
The Biomics Pole’s mission is to collaborate with the Pasteur Institute’s international network, with diverse research teams and with private industry in order to provide a service to the scientific community. The complementary technologies and synergistic expertise of the different teams at the pole facilitates the investigation of complex biological problems from DNA sequencing to gene expression and epigenetics and through to data analysis.
- Some examples of what we provide are:
– De novo and targeted sequencing of viruses, prokaryotes and eukaryotes
– Variant (SNP, indel, large rearrangements) detection
– Human and Mouse SNP detection by array
– Transcriptional analysis (RNA-Seq) for both prokaryotes and eukaryotes
– 16S and deep-sequencing metagenomic studies (mouse, human, and other environments)
– Epigenetics (methylation studies)
– Projects involving two or more techniques (i.e. proteogenomics, single-cell DNA/RNA analysis)
In addition to projects that can be realized directly at the Biomics Pole, we can also provide contacts and expertise for other technologies including Whole Human Genome Sequencing (Illumina X10 or X5), Ion Proton/PGM and PacBio.
Biomics and it staff of experts works hard for the successful and timely processing of all samples and requests. If you are unsatisfied with our service or have a suggestion on how we can improve please do not hesitate to contact us: Reclamation / Suggestions