- Since September 2012 : head of the Neuropathology University department – Sainte Anne Hospital Paris and Université Paris Descartes
- Since 2011, Professor of histology and Hospital Practitioner (PUPH) in Neuropathology (Post mortem Neuropathology and Neuropathology of brain tumors).
- Since June 2010: Head of the Research Unit Human Histopathology and animal models at the Institut Pasteur, Paris
- HDR, habilitation à diriger les recherches (2007) Paris XII University
- Post-Doctoral position, Institut Pasteur Paris, 2006-2009 .
Advisor: Dr. S. Tajbakhsh, “stem cells and development” unit – developmental biology department
- Ph.D., Neurosciences, Paris 12 University, December 2005.
Advisor: Pr. R.K. Gherardi INSERM EMI0011
- Master of Science, Neurosciences, Paris 12 University, 2001.
Advisor: Pr. D. Dormont Neurovirology laboratory, CEA, CRSSA, Direction sciences du vivant
- M.D., Neuropathology, Paris 12 University, November 2000. (Silver Medal)
Advisor: Pr. F. Gray, Service d’anatomie pathologique, Hôpital Lariboisière Paris.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
Human Neuropathology (both post-mortem and tumours), pathology of animal models and especially experimental neuropathology (brain and muscle diseases).
MAIN RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
- Study of skeletal muscle stem cell and connective tissue cells in mouse and their therapeutic potential in muscle regeneration.
- Study of the homeostasis mechanisms of muscle stem cells (regulation of their number, activation, proliferation cell death)
- Study of the capacity of muscle stem cell to survive in the absence of Oxygen or low oxygen environment
- Study of the impact of inflammation in stem cell behaviour
- Development of live microscopy to study satellite cells in genetically modified animal models
- Study of brain alteration during sepsis (impact on glial cells and neurotoxicty)
- Development of neuroprotective strategies during sepsis
- Impact of sepsis in peripheral nervous tissue
- Histology, pathology and Neuropathology (more than 50 hours per year)
- French collegium of histologists (President)
- International Society of Neuropathology
- French Society of Neuropathology
- French Society of Myology
- National Expert for Forensic Medicine – Expert près la Cour d’Appel de Paris
- Member of the executive comity of the Center for translational research – Institut Pasteur, Paris
- Member of the scientific evaluation comities (COMESP and president of COMSAP), Institut Pasteur – Paris (2013-2015)
- Member of the Scientific Council – Institut Pasteur Paris (october 2015)
Additional and diverse diplomas
- DIU de neuropathologie humaine et expérimentale (2005)
- DIU de pédagogie médicale (2006)
- President of the « Collège National des Histologistes » (élu en mars 2007)
- Prix Pasteur Vallery Radot, June 2015
- FASEB Award in the summer meeting on stem cell research, Tucson Arizona, July 2005
- Scientific Award in the European Neurological Society. Istanbul, June 2003.
- Scientific Award in the European Neurological Society. Barcelona, June 2004.
- Laureate of the Créteil Faculty of medicine in 2000 (Médaille d’argent)
- Laureate of the French National Academy of Medicine in 1999 (Prix Victor et Clara Soriano) for the work on neuronal apoptosis in prion diseases
- Laureate of the « fonds d’étude et de recherche du corps médical des hôpitaux de Paris en 2003 »
- Laureate of the Assistance Publique des Hôpitaux de Paris for the research work on skeletal muscle stem cells (Prix René Fauvert) in 2005
Pr Fernando Bozza (Rio, Brazil), Pr Latronico (Brescia Italy), Pr VanHoerreBeck (Leuwen, Belgium), Dr Brand (Rurh University- Germany), Pr Shahragim Tajbakhsh (IP Paris), Pr Françoise Dromer (IP Paris), Pr Olivier Lortholary (IP Paris)