Désolé, cet article est seulement disponible en anglais américain.
Cliquez pour voir le graph
Cliquez pour voir la ligne de temps
Ligne de temps
Adult neurogenesis and brain plasticity
Pierre-Marie Lledo (PI)
The phenomenon of neurogenesis in adult animals, which has therapeutic potential in treating neurodegenerative diseases, leads to several questions: What controls the pattern of connections formed by new cells? How is the stability of […]
Role of Neuroinflammation in Adult Neurogenesis
Françoise Lazarini-Serandour (PI)
Neuroinflammation, a specialized immune response that takes place in the central nervous system, has been linked to neurodegenerative diseases. Also, it has been demonstrated to affect important processes in the brain, such […]
Behaviour of stem cells in anoxic condition
The skeletal muscle of vertebrates has a huge regenerative capacity. When destroyed after different types of injury, this organ can regenerate very quickly ad integrum and repeatedly. One of the cells responsible for this […]
THE KEY ROLE OF CXCL12/SDF1 CHEMOKINE IN THE ANGIOGENESIS/MYOGENESIS COUPLING DURING MUSCLE REGENERATION
Fabrice Chretien (PI)
Muscle regeneration uses specialized stem cells but it also requires coordinated action of stromal cells and supporting tissue. The study of muscle regeneration can not be only limited to the study of the activation, […]
Astroglial changes during sepsis associated encephalopathy
Fabrice Chretien (PI)
Sepsis associated encephalopathy (SAE), a major complication of sepsis is characterized by impairment of consciousness which ranges from delirium to coma and is associated to electroencephalogram (EEG) pattern alterations, increased mortality as well as […]
Microglial role in the septic associated encephalopathy
Franck Verdonk (PI)
Understanding the role of the microglial cells in the septic associated encephalopathy and the impact of molecular modulation.
Pharmacological prevention and treatment of long-term cognitive and behavioral effects of neuroinflammation
Franck Verdonk (PI)
Several recent results suggest an involvement of inflammation in depression and consecutive cognitive impairment. The antidepressant effects of pharmacological molecules may be related to their anti-inflammatory properties mediated by a microglial action. The objective of this study is to […]
Is Sepsis Associated Encephalopathy (SAE) amenable to cell therapy at a clinically relevant timing?
Fabrice Chretien (PI)
Sepsis Associated Encephalopathy lists among the frequent complications of sepsis and yet remains largely unexplored. Both a predictor of early mortality and a gateway to long term cognitive decline, the complexity of CNS associated […]
Blandine Rammaert (PI)
CANHPARI (Hepatosplenic candidiasisi: PETscan and immune response analysis) is an ongoing multicenter prospective pilot study investigating pathophysiology, diagnostic and therapeutic strategies of hepatosplenic candidiasis (HSC). Chronic disseminated candidiasis, often referred to as HSC, is […]
Muscle Stem Cells & Sepsis
The behaviour of muscle stem cells during sepsis Sepsis is an uncontrolled immune reaction that occurs in approximately 2% of all hospitalizations in developed countries. Patients die in 30% of the cases (up to […]
Role of neuronal, microglial and glial cells during rabies virus infection in the modulation of innate immune response: MIME-RAB
Hervé Bourhy (PI)
Rabies is an untreatable disease of humans due to lyssaviruses and Rabies virus (RABV) in particular. RABV is a highly neurotropic virus which prevent inflammation during the early phase of infection. In the brain, […]
- Since September 2012 : head of the Neuropathology University department – Sainte Anne Hospital Paris and Université Paris Descartes
- Since 2011, Professor of histology and Hospital Practitioner (PUPH) in Neuropathology (Post mortem Neuropathology and Neuropathology of brain tumors).
- Since June 2010: Head of the Research Unit Human Histopathology and animal models at the Institut Pasteur, Paris
- HDR, habilitation à diriger les recherches (2007) Paris XII University
- Post-Doctoral position, Institut Pasteur Paris, 2006-2009 .
Advisor: Dr. S. Tajbakhsh, “stem cells and development” unit – developmental biology department
- Ph.D., Neurosciences, Paris 12 University, December 2005.
Advisor: Pr. R.K. Gherardi INSERM EMI0011
- Master of Science, Neurosciences, Paris 12 University, 2001.
Advisor: Pr. D. Dormont Neurovirology laboratory, CEA, CRSSA, Direction sciences du vivant
- M.D., Neuropathology, Paris 12 University, November 2000. (Silver Medal)
Advisor: Pr. F. Gray, Service d’anatomie pathologique, Hôpital Lariboisière Paris.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
Human Neuropathology (both post-mortem and tumours), pathology of animal models and especially experimental neuropathology (brain and muscle diseases).
MAIN RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
- Study of skeletal muscle stem cell and connective tissue cells in mouse and their therapeutic potential in muscle regeneration.
- Study of the homeostasis mechanisms of muscle stem cells (regulation of their number, activation, proliferation cell death)
- Study of the capacity of muscle stem cell to survive in the absence of Oxygen or low oxygen environment
- Study of the impact of inflammation in stem cell behaviour
- Development of live microscopy to study satellite cells in genetically modified animal models
- Study of brain alteration during sepsis (impact on glial cells and neurotoxicty)
- Development of neuroprotective strategies during sepsis
- Impact of sepsis in peripheral nervous tissue
- Histology, pathology and Neuropathology (more than 50 hours per year)
- French collegium of histologists (President)
- International Society of Neuropathology
- French Society of Neuropathology
- French Society of Myology
- National Expert for Forensic Medicine – Expert près la Cour d’Appel de Paris
- Member of the executive comity of the Center for translational research – Institut Pasteur, Paris
- Member of the scientific evaluation comities (COMESP and president of COMSAP), Institut Pasteur – Paris (2013-2015)
- Member of the Scientific Council – Institut Pasteur Paris (october 2015)
Additional and diverse diplomas
- DIU de neuropathologie humaine et expérimentale (2005)
- DIU de pédagogie médicale (2006)
- President of the « Collège National des Histologistes » (élu en mars 2007)
- Prix Pasteur Vallery Radot, June 2015
- FASEB Award in the summer meeting on stem cell research, Tucson Arizona, July 2005
- Scientific Award in the European Neurological Society. Istanbul, June 2003.
- Scientific Award in the European Neurological Society. Barcelona, June 2004.
- Laureate of the Créteil Faculty of medicine in 2000 (Médaille d’argent)
- Laureate of the French National Academy of Medicine in 1999 (Prix Victor et Clara Soriano) for the work on neuronal apoptosis in prion diseases
- Laureate of the « fonds d’étude et de recherche du corps médical des hôpitaux de Paris en 2003 »
- Laureate of the Assistance Publique des Hôpitaux de Paris for the research work on skeletal muscle stem cells (Prix René Fauvert) in 2005
Pr Fernando Bozza (Rio, Brazil), Pr Latronico (Brescia Italy), Pr VanHoerreBeck (Leuwen, Belgium), Dr Brand (Rurh University- Germany), Pr Shahragim Tajbakhsh (IP Paris), Pr Françoise Dromer (IP Paris), Pr Olivier Lortholary (IP Paris)
2022Silencing of amygdala circuits during sepsis prevents the development of anxiety-related behaviours, Brain.
2022Silencing of amygdala circuits during sepsis prevents the development of anxiety-related behaviours., Brain 2022 Apr; (): .
2021Hidden Biomass of Intact Malaria Parasites in the Human Spleen, N Engl J Med 2021; 384:2067-2069.
2021Evaluation of splenic accumulation and colocalization of immature reticulocytes and Plasmodium vivax in asymptomatic malaria: A prospective human splenectomy study, PLoS Med . 2021 May 26;18(5):e1003632.
2019Defective angiogenesis in CXCL12 mutant mice impairs skeletal muscle regeneration, https://skeletalmusclejournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13395-019-0210-5.
2019Microglial production of quinolinic acid as a target and a biomarker of the antidepressant effect of ketamine., Brain Behav Immun. 2019 Jun 28.
2019Beneficial role of adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells from micro-fragmented fat in a murine model of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy., Muscle Nerve. 2019 Jun 22. doi: 10.1002/mus.26614.
2018Micro-fragmented fat injection reduces sepsis-induced acute inflammatory response in a mouse model., Br J Anaesth. 2018 Dec;121(6):1249-1259. doi: 10.1016/j.bja.2018.03.032. Epub 2018 May 24.
2015Neuropathological Correlates of Hyperglycemia During Prolonged Polymicrobial Sepsis in Mice, Shock 2015 Sep;44(3):245-51.
2015Absence of Fungal Spore Internalization by Bronchial Epithelium in Mouse Models Evidenced by a New Bioimaging Approach and Transmission Electronic Microscopy., Am J Pathol 2015 Sep; 185(9): 2421-30.
+Voir la liste complète de publications