The flow cytometry core facility, integrated into the Cytometry & Biomarker UTechS at Institut Pasteur, provides cutting-edge instrumentation, as well as high-level scientific and technical expertise in flow cytometry in general. The core facility is part of the C2RT (Center for Technological Resources and Research), a center gathering the Technology and Service units (UTechS) and the technological core facilities of the campus.
The C2RT of the Institut Pasteur proposes numerous resources for single cell analysis, open to the entire academic and clinical research community. Single cell phenotyping (flow cytometry) and cell sorting are supported by the Cytometry platform of the CB UTechS .
The services that we provide here go from cell sorting analysis, consulting, data analysis, troubleshooting, and training.
In our core facility, equipment is completely state-of-the-art with :
- 7 high speed cell sorters : 3 FACS Aria III, 1 FACS Aria Fusion, 1 Symphony S6 and 2 MoFlo Astrios sorters.
- 5 high-end analyzers
Conventional cytometry : Symphony A5™, LSR Fortessa™ and CytoFlex S.
Spectral cytometry : SP6800; ID7000™
- 2 instruments for cell enrichment by magnetic beads : AutoMACS Pro Separator
Training in the flow cytometry core facility : first, we give courses on the conceptual aspects of flow cytometry (face-to-face or online), then secondly we give practical training on the instruments.
- The training courses are for Pasteur researchers, but also for external users (academic and industrial).
- We propose FlowJO™ and Kaluza trainings to teach researchers how to analyze flow cytometry data in an efficient way using Flowjo X, the world’s nr.1 analysis software tool for flow cytometry data, including the use of plugins for unsupervised analysis. Bioinformatics support is also available at the CB UTechS.
- We gather ressources for our users : Cytometry aids and protocols
As we are involved in quality management (ISO9001), we are attentive to the expectations of users. We do not focus only on the technical aspects of the instrumentation, but we make the link between these technical aspects with the scientific questions.
Whenever somebody has a problem with an instrument, we perform diagnostic to help them in an emergency and we are in close contact with technical service of the different companies for curative interventions.
The flow cytometry core facility/ CBUTechS is here to support the scientists. And it plays a crucial role in scientific research at Institut Pasteur.
HOW TO ACCESS: The CB UTechS an open-access facility that welcomes projects and teams from the Institut Pasteur, from the International Network of the Institut Pasteur, from academia, hospitals and industry. In order to obtain access to our technologies and services, submit your project through our electronic project submission tool. Once your project is submitted you can book an Instrument/training (PPMS).