- 2016: HDR – University Paris-Descartes V (10-03-2016)
- 2012: DU Experimentation on Living Animals – University Paris-Descartes V
- 2005: PhD in Life Sciences – University of French Guiana – Obtained with honours (11-29-2005)
- 2020-…: Director of the Parasitology Unit at Institut Pasteur of Guinea, Conakry.
- 2019-…: Director of Research at Institut Pasteur.
- 2015-…: Head of the Trypanosome Transmission Group at Institut Pasteur.
- 2011-2014: Permanent staff scientist at Institut Pasteur.
- 2007-2011: Post-doctoral fellow in the Trypanosome Cell Biology Unit at Institut Pasteur.
- 2006: Staff scientist in the International Department at the Institut de Veille Sanitaire, France.
- ORCID 0000-0003-0671-8999, 58 publications, 4 books/chapters, 40 talks, 2 invention disclosures.
- Associate Editor for Microbiol Spectrum (American Society for Microbiology, 2022-24), Front Cell Infect Microbiol (Nature Publishing Group, since 2012) and Trop Med Infect Dis (Australasian College of Tropical Medicine, since 2020) (12-24/y).
- Frequent reviewer for Nat Comm, Sci Rep, Commun Biol, PLoS journals, Antimicrob Agents Chemother, Int J Parasitol, Cell Microbiol, MBio, … (6-12/y).
- Project / candidate evaluator for grants and recruitments (6/y): ERC, Wellcome Trust, ANR, IRD, INSERM, IP CoReScif, IP PTR and ACIP, …
- 2020-…: Lectures in Parasitology at University Gamal Abdel Nasser of Conakry (8-14h).
- 2016-…: Lecture and MOOC for the Medical Entomology Course IRD-IP (2h/y).
- 2015-…: Lectures in Parasitology at University Paris Saclay (2-6h/y).
- 2013-15 & 2021: Practical courses in Parasitology for the Microbiology Course at IP (2h-1w/y).
- 2006-…: Lectures in Parasitology, Ecology and Epidemiology in Licence and Master degrees at ICES (10-30h/y).
- 2003-05: Lectures in Animal Biology and Parasitology in Licence, Master and Medical degrees at University of French Guiana (80h/y).
ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES and EXPERTISE (last 5 years)
- Invited expert for workshops (WHO, Aviesan…) and PhD / HDR juries (4-6/y).
- Member of the committee for recruitment and evaluation of IRD researchers (CSS2, 2015-20).
- SAB member of the LAMIVECT international consortium regrouping 7 international research institutes in Western Africa and in France (2017-23).
AWARDS and DISTINCTIONS
- 2017: Award of the French Academy of Medicine – Deschiens Prize.
- 2011: Annual prize of the French Society of Parasitology for the best presentation.
- 2009: Award of the French Academy of Medicine – Evian-les-Bains Prize.
- 2008: Award of the Foundation for Medical Research (FRM) – Epidaure Prize for a young scientist in medicine and ecology – given by the French Minister of Ecology.
MAIN RESEARCH GRANTS (last 5 years)
- Coordinator of the ANR-PRC 2021-24 SherPa project
- Coordinator of the BMGF-DNDi 2021-23 TrypSkin study
- Partner of the ANR-PRC 2019-24 AdipoTryp project
- Coordinator of the IP-PTR 2019-21 Sherlock4HAT project
- Coordinator of the ANR-PRC 2018-22 TrypaDerm project
- Partner of the ANR-PRC 2015-20 GLYCONOV project
- Coordinator of the ANR-JCJC 2014-18 ENTRYPA project
MAIN RESEARCH INTEREST
Development, transmission, and eco-epidemiology of trypanosomatid parasites causing NTDs