- 2016: HDR – University Paris-Descartes V (10-03-2016)
- 2012: DU Experimentation on Living Animals – University Paris-Descartes V
- 2005: PhD in Life Sciences – University of French Guiana – Obtained with honours (11-29-2005)
RESEARCH and PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 2019-…: Research Director in the Trypanosome Cell Biology Unit at IP.
- 2015-…: Head of the Trypanosome Transmission Group in the Trypanosome Cell Biology Unit.
- 2011-2014: Permanent staff scientist in the Trypanosome Cell Biology Unit at IP.
- 2007-2011: Post-doctoral fellow in the Trypanosome Cell Biology Unit at IP.
- 2006: Staff scientist in the International Department at the Institut de Veille Sanitaire.
- 41 publications, 17 invited talks
- Organization of 5 international conferences and 3 national conferences
- Associate Editor for Front Cell Infect Microbiol (Nature Publishing Group; since 2012).
- Frequent reviewer for Sci Rep, Eukaryot Cell, Antimicrob Agents Chemother, Int J Parasitol, PLoS journals, Parasit Vectors, Cell Microbiol, Protist, Am J Trop Med Hyg, … (12 / year).
- 2016 & 2018: Lecture and MOOC in Parasitology for the Medical Entomology Course IRD-IP (2h).
- 2015-…: Lectures in Parasitology at University of Versailles (3h to 6h / year).
- 2013-15: Practical courses in Parasitology for the Microbiology Course at IP (1 week).
- 2006-…: Lectures in Parasitology, Ecology and Epidemiology in Licence and Master degrees (10 to 30h / year) at ICES (La Roche-sur-Yon).
- 2003-2005: Lectures in Animal Biology and Parasitology in Licence, Master, and Medical degrees at University of French Guiana (80h / year, Cayenne).
ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES and EXPERTISE
- Project / candidate evaluator for grants and recruitments (12-24 / year; IP, European Union, Wellcome Trust, IRD, French MoA, French MoH…).
- Invited expert for international meetings (1 to 3 /year; WHO, BMGF, French MoH, …) and PhD / HDR juries (1 to 3 / year).
- Member of the ethical committee for experimentation on living animals (CEEA89, 2012-2018).
- Member of the committee for recruitment and evaluation of IRD researchers (CSS2, since 2015).
- SAB Member of the LAMIVECT international consortium regrouping 7 international research institutes in France and Western Africa (since 2017).
AWARDS and DISTINCTIONS
- 2017: Award of the French Academy of Medicine – Deschiens Prize.
- 2011: Annual prize of the French Society of Parasitology for the best presentation.
- 2009: Award of the French Academy of Medicine – Evian-les-Bains Prize.
- 2008: Award of the Foundation for Medical Research (FRM) – Epidaure Prize for a young scientist in medicine and ecology – given by the French Minister of Ecology.
MAIN RECENT RESEARCH FUNDING
- Coordinator of the IP-PTR-2019 Sherlock4HAT international grant
- Partner of the ANR-PRC 2019-23 AdipoTryp national grant
- Coordinator of the ANR-PRC 2018-22 TrypaDerm national grant
- Coordinator of the ANR-10-LABX-62-IBEID PD-2017 grant
- Partner of the ANR-PRC 2015 GLYCONOV national grant
- Coordinator of the ANR-10-LABX-62-IBEID PD-2015 grant
- Coordinator of the ANR-JCJC 2014-18 ENTRYPA national grant
THREE MOST SIGNIFICANT PUBLICATION IN THE LAST FIVE YEARS
- Calvo-Alvarez E, … & Rotureau B. Infect Genet Evol. 2018 Jan 25.
- Ooi CP, … & Rotureau B. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2016 Sep 28;6:115.
- Capewell P, … & Rotureau B*, MacLeod A*. Elife. 2016 Sep 22;5.