- 2016: HDR – University Paris-Descartes V (10-03-2016)
- 2012: DU Experimentation on Living Animals – University Paris-Descartes V
- 2005: PhD in Life Sciences – University of French Guiana – Obtained with honours (11-29-2005)
- 2020-…: Head of the Parasitology Lab at IP Guinea, Conakry.
- 2019-…: Director of Research at IP.
- 2015-…: Head of the Trypanosome Transmission Group at IP Paris.
- 2011-2014: Permanent staff scientist at IP Paris.
- 2007-2011: Post-doctoral fellow in the Trypanosome Cell Biology Unit at IP Paris.
- 2006: Staff scientist in the International Department at the Institut de Veille Sanitaire.
- ORCID 0000-0003-0671-8999
- Associate Editor for Front Cell Infect Microbiol (Nature Publishing Group, since 2012) and Trop Med Infect Dis (Australasian College of Tropical Medicine, since 2020) (6/y).
- Frequent reviewer for Sci Rep, Commun Biol, PLoS journals, Antimicrob Agents Chemother, Int J Parasitol, Cell Microbiol, MBio, Am J Trop Med Hyg, … (6/y).
- Project / candidate evaluator for grants and recruitments (6/y): EU, Wellcome Trust, IRD, INSERM, ANR, IP, …
- 2016 & 2018: Lecture and MOOC in Parasitology for the Medical Entomology Course IRD-IP (2h).
- 2015-…: Lectures in Parasitology at University of Versailles (2h to 6h / year).
- 2013-15: Practical courses in Parasitology for the Microbiology Course at IP (1 week).
- 2006-…: Lectures in Parasitology, Ecology and Epidemiology in Licence and Master degrees (10 to 30h / year) at ICES (La Roche-sur-Yon).
- 2003-2005: Lectures in Animal Biology and Parasitology in Licence, Master and Medical degrees at University of French Guiana (80h / year, Cayenne).
ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPERTISE
- Invited expert for workshops (WHO, Aviesan…) and PhD / HDR juries (4/y).
- Member of the IP ethical committee for experimentation on living animals (CEEA89, 2012-19).
- Member of the committee for recruitment and evaluation of IRD researchers (CSS2, 2015-20).
- SAB member of the LAMIVECT international consortium regrouping 7 international research institutes in Western Africa and in France (2017-20).
AWARDS & DISTINCTIONS
- 2017: Award of the French Academy of Medicine – Deschiens Prize.
- 2011: Annual prize of the French Society of Parasitology for the best presentation.
- 2009: Award of the French Academy of Medicine – Evian-les-Bains Prize.
- 2008: Award of the Foundation for Medical Research (FRM) – Epidaure Prize for a young scientist in medicine and ecology – given by the French Minister of Ecology.
RECENT RESEARCH GRANTS
- Coordinator of the IP-PTR-2019 Sherlock4HAT international grant
- Partner of the ANR-PRC 2019-23 AdipoTryp national grant
- Coordinator of the ANR-PRC 2018-22 TrypaDerm national grant
- Coordinator of the ANR-10-LABX-62-IBEID PD-2017 grant
- Partner of the ANR-PRC 2015 GLYCONOV national grant
- Coordinator of the ANR-10-LABX-62-IBEID PD-2015 grant
- Coordinator of the ANR-JCJC 2014-18 ENTRYPA national grant