“Modelling and functional analysis of clonal Evolution in Leishmania – possible role of non-coding RNAs and RNA modification”
Recipient: Gerald Spaeth, coordinator Agency: Campus France, MEAE, Type: Bi-national program France/Israel, 04/2018 – 03/2020 Leishmaniasis is among the five most serious parasitic diseases worldwide. The cutaneous form of the disease is prevalent in […]
H2020-MSA-RISE-2017: LeiSHield-MATI consortium
LeiSHield-MATI forms an international, inter- and multidisciplinary consortium that aims to gain scientific knowledge on parasite-vector-host interaction to allow future development of new therapeutic and preventive measures through research and innovation staff exchange and […]
LeiSHield – A new collaborative action to determine prevalence, anticipate emergence and assess urbanization of cutaneous and visceral leishmaniasis in LeishRIIP partner countries
Protozoan parasites of the genus Leishmania generate severe human diseases termed Leishmaniases. Due to their frequency and the severity of certain clinical forms, these diseases represent a major public health problem and limit the […]
Private: PTR 403 – Generation and validation of innovative tools for 2D- and 3D-real time imaging of trypanosomatid parasites in their mammalian hosts
Trypanosomatidae are a widespread group of flagellated protozoa that cause highly disabling, often fatal, diseases and economic losses in endemic countries. Distinct Trypanosomatidae, transmitted by specific arthropod vectors, can cause human diseases: Trypanosoma (T) […]
PTR 392 – Systems-wide analysis of Leishmania virulence
This PTR aims to gain novel insight into the nature, the expression, and the regulation of Leishmania virulence factors through the investigation of genetics, transcriptomics, and proteomics differences between (i) virulent and avirulent L. […]
- 2015 – Expérimentation animale, concepteur de projets
- 2002 – DEPHE, mention très bien, validation Master 2, Sorbonne Paris, France
- 1988 – DPCT biochimie/biologie, CNAM Paris, France
- 1981 – Bac F7 biochimie, Cachan, France
RESEARCH and Professional EXPERIENCE
- 2008-present – Ingénieure de recherche confirmée, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
- 1983-2008 – Technicienne, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
- 30 publications, 3 oral presentations and 10 posters in international congresses – Hirsch h index:13
- Co-organization of 2 departmental retreats Co-coordinator of the LeiSHield-MATI – RISE – H-2020 project Reviewer for PLOS Neglected Tropical diseases
- 1 thesis (Leishmania virulence) currently in co-supervision
- Teaching in masters formations at the Institut Pasteur
- Teaching/supervision of researchers, Masters and graduate students
ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES and EXPERTISE
- From 2013 to 2017, member of the COMESP (scientific evaluation committee) of the Institut Pasteur.
- Scientific responsible of the ‘laboratoire de préparation’
- Correspondent for the animal facility
- Since 2014 designer and responsible for animal experimentation for the unit
- Member of the Biomics committee users for the PIV department
- Member of the MSBio committee users
2018Reverse Epidemiology: An Experimental Framework to Drive Biomarker Discovery by Functional Genetic Screening Using Relevant Animal Models, Front Cell Infect Microbiol 2018;8:325.
2018Stage-specific expression of the proline-alanine transporter in the human pathogen Leishmania, Mol. Biochem. Parasitol. 2018 06;222:1-5.
2017Haplotype selection as an adaptive mechanism in the protozoan pathogen Leishmania donovani, Nat Ecol Evol 2017 Dec;1(12):1961-1969.
2017New insights into experimental visceral leishmaniasis: Real-time in vivo imaging of Leishmania donovani virulence, PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2017 09;11(9):e0005924.
2017Modulation of Aneuploidy in during Adaptation to Different and Environments and Its Impact on Gene Expression, MBio 2017 05;8(3).
2016Phenotypic Characterization of a Leishmania donovani Cyclophilin 40 Null Mutant, J. Eukaryot. Microbiol. 2016 11;63(6):823-833.
2013Pharmacological assessment defines Leishmania donovani casein kinase 1 as a drug target and reveals important functions in parasite viability and intracellular infection, Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 2014;58(3):1501-15.
2011Alba-domain proteins of Trypanosoma brucei are cytoplasmic RNA-binding proteins that interact with the translation machinery, PLoS ONE 2011;6(7):e22463.
2011Quantitative proteome profiling informs on phenotypic traits that adapt Leishmania donovani for axenic and intracellular proliferation, Cell. Microbiol. 2011 Jul;13(7):978-91.
2011Imaging host cell-Leishmania interaction dynamics implicates parasite motility, lysosome recruitment, and host cell wounding in the infection process, Cell Host Microbe 2011 Apr;9(4):319-30.
+View full list of publications