ANR TransLeish – Discovery of druggable protein kinases in the protozoan parasite Leishmania donovani using hit compounds identified by phenotypic screening
The protozoan parasite Leishmania donovani causes fatal visceral leishmaniasis, one of the most neglected tropical diseases. In the absence of economic incentive, serious Research and Development (R&D) investments into anti-leishmanial drug development lack from […]
PTR 392 – Systems-wide analysis of Leishmania virulence
This PTR aims to gain novel insight into the nature, the expression, and the regulation of Leishmania virulence factors through the investigation of genetics, transcriptomics, and proteomics differences between (i) virulent and avirulent L. […]
FP7 Targeting the Leishmania kinome for the development of novel anti-parasitic strategies (LeishDrug)
Visceral leishmaniasis is caused by the protozoan parasites Leishmania donovani and Leishmania infantum and is a potentially fatal disease in endemic areas around the world. During the infectious cycle, Leishmania alternate between the insect […]
- 2016 | EPHE Diploma, Life and Earth Sciences (M2 level), with honors | Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, Paris, France.
- 2003 | Biochemistry Senior technician certificate | High school Uruguay France, Avon, France.
- 2000 | Scientific Baccalaureate, Life and Earth Sciences | General and technological high school Catherine and Raymond Janot, Sens, France.
- 02/2009 – today | Senior research technician | Unit molecular parasitology and signaling | Institut Pasteur, Paris, France.
- 02/2005 – 01/2009 | Senior technician | Unit of Biochemistry and Genetics of Development | Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
- 07/2004 – 09/2004 | Senior technician | French Blood Establishment | Hospital Center, Sens, France.
- 10/2003 – 03/2004 | Senior technician | INSERM | Unit 396, Human immunogenetics, Paris, France.
9 publications | Hisch h index: 5
Supervising and training
- 2016 | Paya Ndiaye | Superior Technical School of the Laboratory, Paris, France | 2 months internship for Senior technician certificate, bioanalyses and controls.
- 2015 | Mingkuan Chen, PhD | Unit of Innate Immunity, Institut Pasteur, Shanghai, China | 3 months of 2D-DiGE training.
- 2010 | Jessica Leroux | University Institute of Technology, Velizy, France | 2 months internship for Technology University degree, Chemical Engineering and Process Engineering.
- 2010 | Najiha Bilal Farooqi | Aga Khan University Medical College, Karachi, Pakistan | 2 months internship.
Administrative responsibilities and expertise
- 2011 – today | Health and Safety correspondent.
- 2015 – today | Representative of the College of Technicians of the Parasites and Insect Vectors Department.
Oral presentations and posters
- 2017 | Oral | Using ATP affinity chromatography for Leishmania drug target deconvolution | 6th World Congress on leishmaniasis (WorldLeish 6) Toledo, Spain.
- 2016 | Poster | Catch me if you can: Using ATP affinity chromatography for Leishmania drug target deconvolution | BSP Autumn Symposium 2016, Microbial protein targets: towards understanding and intervention, Durham, England.
- 2014 | Poster | Exploiting the Leishmania purinome for drug target deconvolution | Trypanosomatid parasites: from the field to the lab. III, Paris, France.
- 2013 | Oral | Characterization of MAP Kinase 10 upstream kinases in Leishmania donovani | Parasitology and Mycology departmental seminar 2013, Paris, France.
- 2012 | Poster | Characterization of MAP Kinase 10 upstream kinases in Leishmania donovani | Trypanosomatid parasites: From the Field to the Lab. II, Paris, France.
- 2012 | Poster | Characterization of MAP Kinase 10 upstream kinases in Leishmania donovani | BSP Spring Meeting including the Trypanosomiasis and Leishmaniasis Seminar 2012, Glasgow, Scotland.
- 2011 | Poster | A proteomic approach to identify protein kinases involved in Leishmania virulence | Trypanosomatid parasites: From the Field to the Lab., Paris, France.
- 2010 | Oral | Identification of novel Leishmania protein kinases | Swiss Trypanosomatid meeting 2010, Lesyn, Switzerland.
2016From Drug Screening to Target Deconvolution: a Target-Based Drug Discovery Pipeline Using Leishmania Casein Kinase 1 Isoform 2 To Identify Compounds with Antileishmanial Activity., Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2016 05; 60(5): 2822-33.
2014Transgenic analysis of the Leishmania MAP kinase MPK10 reveals an auto-inhibitory mechanism crucial for stage-regulated activity and parasite viability, PLoS Pathog. 2014 Sep;10(9):e1004347.
2014Probing druggability and biological function of essential proteins in Leishmania combining facilitated null mutant and plasmid shuffle analyses, Mol. Microbiol. 2014 Jul;93(1):146-66.
2013Pharmacological assessment defines Leishmania donovani casein kinase 1 as a drug target and reveals important functions in parasite viability and intracellular infection, Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 2014;58(3):1501-15.
2013Enrichment of Leishmania donovani ATP-binding proteins using a staurosporine capture compound, J Proteomics 2013 Jun;86:97-104.
2012The crystal structure of the MAP kinase LmaMPK10 from Leishmania major reveals parasite-specific features and regulatory mechanisms, Structure 2012 Oct;20(10):1649-60.
2011Adaptation of a 2D in-gel kinase assay to trace phosphotransferase activities in the human pathogen Leishmania donovani, J Proteomics 2011 Aug;74(9):1644-51.
2010Cyclosporin A treatment of Leishmania donovani reveals stage-specific functions of cyclophilins in parasite proliferation and viability, PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2010;4(6):e729.
2008Ectopic expression of AID in a non-B cell line triggers A:T and G:C point mutations in non-replicating episomal vectors, PLoS ONE 2008;3(1):e1480.