ANR TransLeish – Discovery of druggable protein kinases in the protozoan parasite Leishmania donovani using hit compounds identified by phenotypic screening
The protozoan parasite Leishmania donovani causes fatal visceral leishmaniasis, one of the most neglected tropical diseases. In the absence of economic incentive, serious Research and Development (R&D) investments into anti-leishmanial drug development lack from […]
PTR 392 – Systems-wide analysis of Leishmania virulence
This PTR aims to gain novel insight into the nature, the expression, and the regulation of Leishmania virulence factors through the investigation of genetics, transcriptomics, and proteomics differences between (i) virulent and avirulent L. […]
FP7 Targeting the Leishmania kinome for the development of novel anti-parasitic strategies (LeishDrug)
Visceral leishmaniasis is caused by the protozoan parasites Leishmania donovani and Leishmania infantum and is a potentially fatal disease in endemic areas around the world. During the infectious cycle, Leishmania alternate between the insect […]
ANR Texleish: Targeting host-parasite interactions through the inhibition of excreted leishmania casein kinase 1
Leishmaniasis remains a severe public health problem, with an estimated prevalence of 12 million cases. This potentially fatal disease has a worldwide distribution and in 2012, Visceral Leishmaniasis (VL) was declared as new emerging […]
Pasteur-Weizmann project: Role of kinases in vesicle-mediated regulation of host-pathogen interactions: Focus on Leishmania donovani and Plasmodium falciparum.
The way pathogens evade the human host system is largely unknown, thus limiting our ability to cure infectious diseases. This is the case for Plasmodium, instigator of malaria, as well as Leishmania, causative agent […]
Campus France procope: CASEIN KINASE 1, A KEY REGULATOR OF TUMORIGENESIS AND HOST-PATHOGEN INTERACTIONS
Casein kinase 1 (CK1) is a family of serine/threonine protein kinases, which play essential regulatory functions in multiple cellular processes. These signalling kinases have been identified in most eukaryotes, from human to protozoa; they […]
- 2016 | EPHE Diploma, Life and Earth Sciences (M2 level), with honors | Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, Paris, France.
- 2003 | Biochemistry Senior technician certificate | High school Uruguay France, Avon, France.
- 2000 | Scientific Baccalaureate, Life and Earth Sciences | General and technological high school Catherine and Raymond Janot, Sens, France.
- 2022 – today | Research Engineer | Unit molecular parasitology and signaling | Pasteur Institute, Paris, France.
- 2011 – 2022 | Senior research technician | Unit molecular parasitology and signaling | Pasteur Institute, Paris, France.
- 2009 – 2011 | Senior research technician | G5 Parasitic virulence | Pasteur Institute, Paris, France.
- 2005 – 2009 | Senior technician | Unit of Biochemistry and Genetics of Development | Pasteur Institute, Paris, France.
- 2004 | Senior technician | French Blood Establishment | Hospital Center, Sens, France.
- 2003 – 2004 | Senior technician | INSERM | Unit 396, Human immunogenetics, Paris, France.
- 10 publications | 1 patent | H-index: 7
- Oral presentations: WorldLeish7: 7th World Congress on Leishmaniasis, Cartagena, Colombia (2022) | Invited speaker (videoconference), Workshop: Genome editing in Leishmania based on CRISPR/Cas9 system, Tehran, Iran (2021) | WorldLeish6: 6th World Congress on Leishmaniasis, Toledo, Spain (2017) | Parasitology and Mycology departmental seminar, Paris, France (2013) | Swiss Trypanosomatid meeting, Lesyn, Switzerland (2010).
- Posters: Future of parasitology, Paris, France (2017) | BSP Autumn Symposium, Microbial protein targets: towards understanding and intervention, Durham, England, (2016) | Trypanosomatid parasites: from the field to the lab. III, Paris, France (2014) | Trypanosomatid parasites: From the Field to the Lab. II, Paris, France (2012) | BSP Spring Meeting including the Trypanosomiasis and Leishmaniasis Seminar, Glasgow, Scotland (2012) | Trypanosomatid parasites: From the Field to the Lab., Paris, France (2011).
SUPERVISING, TRAINING AND TEACHING ACTIVITIES
- RIIP trainees: Ali Ben-Cheikh (PhD), Pasteur Institute of Tunis (3 months, 2021-2022) | Mahmoud Nateghi-Rostami (Dr), Pasteur Institute of Iran (1 month, 2021) | Tahereh Taheri (Dr), Pasteur Institute of Iran (3 months, 2019) | Mingkuan Chen (PhD), Pasteur Institute of Shanghai (3 months, 2015).
- Master/internship: Aicha Stierlen (3 months, 2021-2022) | Paya N’diaye (2 months, 2016) | Jessica Leroux, (2 months, 2010) | Najiha Bilal Farooqi (2 months, 2010).
- Member of the educational project “Pasteur-Banlieues, Scientists of Tomorrow” which allows students of a middle school in the priority education network to discover the world of research (2019 – today)
ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPERTISE
- 2011 – today | Health and Safety correspondent.
- 2022 | Member of the evaluation committee, “Source to pay” call for proposals.
- 2020 – 2021 | Member of the test group, eLab POC.
- 2020 | Member of the evaluation committee, eLab call for proposals.
- 2015 – 2020 | Representative of the College of Technicians of the Parasites and Insect Vectors Department.
2021In vitro identification of imidazo[1,2-a]pyrazine-based antileishmanial agents and evaluation of L. major casein kinase 1 inhibition., Eur J Med Chem 2021 Jan; 210(): 112956.
2016From Drug Screening to Target Deconvolution: a Target-Based Drug Discovery Pipeline Using Leishmania Casein Kinase 1 Isoform 2 To Identify Compounds with Antileishmanial Activity., Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2016 05; 60(5): 2822-33.
2014Transgenic analysis of the Leishmania MAP kinase MPK10 reveals an auto-inhibitory mechanism crucial for stage-regulated activity and parasite viability., PLoS Pathog 2014 Sep; 10(9): e1004347.
2014Probing druggability and biological function of essential proteins in Leishmania combining facilitated null mutant and plasmid shuffle analyses., Mol Microbiol 2014 Jul; 93(1): 146-66.
2014Pharmacological assessment defines Leishmania donovani casein kinase 1 as a drug target and reveals important functions in parasite viability and intracellular infection., Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2014 ; 58(3): 1501-15.
2013Enrichment of Leishmania donovani ATP-binding proteins using a staurosporine capture compound., J Proteomics 2013 Jun; 86(): 97-104.
2012The crystal structure of the MAP kinase LmaMPK10 from Leishmania major reveals parasite-specific features and regulatory mechanisms., Structure 2012 Oct; 20(10): 1649-60.
2011Adaptation of a 2D in-gel kinase assay to trace phosphotransferase activities in the human pathogen Leishmania donovani., J Proteomics 2011 Aug; 74(9): 1644-51.
2010Cyclosporin A treatment of Leishmania donovani reveals stage-specific functions of cyclophilins in parasite proliferation and viability., PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2010 Jun; 4(6): e729.
2008Ectopic expression of AID in a non-B cell line triggers A:T and G:C point mutations in non-replicating episomal vectors., PLoS One 2008 Jan; 3(1): e1480.
+View full list of publications