- 2017-to date. DR, Group leader, Biochemistry of Macromolecular Interactions Unit (headed by Daniel Ladant), Institut Pasteur, Paris, France.
- 2014-2016. Head of laboratory of Macromolecular Systems and Signaling, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France.
- 2008-2014. Group leader, Molecular Genetics Unit, dir. by Tony Pugsley, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France. Protein secretion in bacteria.
- 2008. HDR, University Paris XI, Orsay, France.
- 2001-2007. CR, Molecular Genetics Unit, dir. Tony Pugsley, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France.
- 1995-2000. Postdoctoral fellow (Howard Cantarini and FRM), Molecular Genetics Unit, dir. Tony Pugsley. Protein secretion in Escherichia coli.
- 1990-1994. Postdoctoral fellow, Carol Kumamoto laboratory, Department of Microbiology and Molecular Biology, Tufts University Medical School, Boston, USA. Genetic and biochemical analysis of the Escherichia coli Sec system.
- 1987-1990. PhD training in Molecular Biology, Institut for Moelcular Genetics and Genetic Engineering, laboratory of Pr Vladimir Glisin, Belgrade Yugoslavia.
- 1983-1987. Masters of Science, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
- 1983. Diploma work in Institut for Biological Research Sinisa Stankovic, supervisor Dr Vojo Deretic.
- 1978-1983. B. Sci training, Molecular Biology and Physiology, major Biophysics, University of Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
Biogenesis of extracytoplasmic proteins in Gram-negative bacteria
Protein secretion in bacteria is highly specific. Substrates secreted via the Type II secretion nanomachines are fully folded prior to secretion and are specifically recognized in their native state. In some cases, they even […]
Type II protein secretion mechanism
Many Gram-negative bacteria secrete stably folded or even multimeric proteins across the outer membrane. The secreted substrates are often virulence factors like hydolases or toxins that contribute to the ability of bacteria to adapt […]
Type IV pili and pseudopili: structure, dynamics, assembly and molecular function Type IV pili and pseudopili assembled by type 2 secretion systems (T2SS) are thin dynamic fibers that perform diverse functions, from adherence, motility, […]
2021Computational and biochemical analysis of type IV pilus dynamics and stability., Structure 2021 Sep; (): .
2019Structure and function of minor pilins of type IV pili, Med. Microbiol. Immunol. 2019 Nov;.
2019Structure and Assembly of the Enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli Type 4 Pilus, Structure 2019 07;27(7):1082-1093.e5.
2019Structure and Assembly of the Enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli Type 4 Pilus., Structure. 2019 Apr 9. doi: 10.1016/j.str.2019.03.021..
2019Functional reconstitution of the type IVa pilus assembly system from enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli, Mol. Microbiol. 2019 03;111(3):732-749.
2018Tagging the type VI secretion system, Nat Microbiol 2018 Nov;3(11):1190-1191.
2018Protein polarization driven by nucleoid exclusion of DnaK(HSP70)-substrate complexes, Nat Commun 2018 05;9(1):2027.
2018Functional role of the type 1 pilus rod structure in mediating host-pathogen interactions, Elife 2018 Jan;7.
2018Analysis of Bacterial Pilus Assembly by Shearing and Immunofluorescence Microscopy, Methods Mol. Biol. 2018;1764:291-305.
2017Structure of the calcium-dependent type 2 secretion pseudopilus, Nat Microbiol 2017 Dec;2(12):1686-1695.
+View full list of publications