The Centre de Ressources Biologiques de l’Institut Pasteur, CRBIP, was created in 2002 as a transversal functional structure that encompasses the five biobanks of the Institut Pasteur, Paris, for a common strategy aligned with the strategic plan of the Institute.
The following biobanks are part of the CRBIP:
Placing an order
- For human samples: the ICAReB (Investigation Clinique et Accès aux Ressources Biologiques) holds more than contains more than 134,000 human samples, 30,000 of which are taken from healthy volunteers available to the scientific community. The full access procedure is described here, check out ICAReB’s catalog.
- For cyanobacteria: The instructions to order cyanobaceria from the Pasteur Culture collection of Cyanobacteria can be found here. Check out the PCC’s catalog and ask for a quote to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For bacteria: Check out the CIP’s catalog and ask for a quote to email@example.com
- For viruses: Check out the cVIP’s catalog and ask for a quote to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For yeast and fungi: The CRBIP regrets to inform that unfortunately since March 30th 2013, the Fungi Collection of the Institut Pasteur (Collection des Champignons de l’Institut Pasteur) is closed and can no longer distribute fungi and yeast.
To deposit a microorganism or a cell line for the purposes of the patent procedure under the Budapest Treaty
The CNCM is the only collection in France with the status of International Depositary Authority under the Budapest Treaty on the international recognition of the deposit of microorganisms for the purposes of the patent procedure and may receive microorganisms, cell cultures and viruses, all filed for purposes requiring a strictly defined confidentiality clause. To make a deposit, please contact email@example.com.
The quality of our products
All strains and samples in our biobanks and proposed to our customers are managed under strict rules of quality control that ensure proper preservation and traceability. CRBIP implements a harmonized quality management system with common processes. Since 2009, the CRBIP is certified under the French standard NF S96-900, which is the specific reference for biological resources centres (BRCs) and the precursor of the ISO 20387 norm of biobanking. This certification is applicable to ICAReB, the PCC and the CIP.
The CRBIP distributes its biological resources in France and abroad following safety standards for health and the respect of the environment in compliance with international laws and regulations.