The Centre de Ressources Biologiques de l’Institut Pasteur, CRBIP, was created in 2002 as a transversal functional structure that encompasses the five biobanks of the Institut Pasteur, Paris, for a common strategy aligned with the strategic plan of the Institute.
The following Pasteurian biobanks are part of the CRBIP:
In agreement with all five biobanks, a new strategy for the CRBIP is being implemented since early 2019 that renews the CRBIP’s missions to optimize common needs:
The quality of our products
Despite the diversity of its biological resources, the CRBIP has managed to implement a harmonized quality management system with common processes to the three original biobanks of the CRBIP. Since 2009, the CRBIP is certified, under the French standard NF S96-900, which is the specific reference to biological resources centres (BRCs) and the precursor of the ISO 20387 for biobanking. This certification is applicable to the ICAReB, the PCC and the CIP.
This means that all the strains and samples that are deposited in our biobanks and proposed to our customers are produced under strict rules of quality control that ensure proper preservation and traceability. The CRBIP distributes its biological resources in France and abroad following safety standards for health and the respect of the environment in compliance with international laws and regulations.
Placing an order
If you are interested in obtaining a biological resource from our biobanks, please refer to the proper biobank depending on its nature:
- For human samples: the ICAReB (Investigation Clinique et Accès aux Ressources Biologiques) holds more than contains more than 134,000 human samples, 30,000 of which are taken from healthy volunteers available to the scientific community. The full access procedure is described here, check out ICAReB’s catalog.
- For cyanobacteria: The instructions to order cyanobaceria from the Pasteur Culture collection of Cyanobacteria can be found here. Consult the PCC’s catalog.
- For bacteria: Check out the CIP’s catalog and ask for a quote to email@example.com.
- For viruses: Check out the cVIP’s catalog and ask for a quote to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For yeast and fungi: The CRBIP regrets to inform that unfortunately since March 30th 2013, the Fungi Collection of the Institut Pasteur (Collection des Champignons de l’Institut Pasteur) is closed and can no longer distribute fungi and yeast.
To deposit a microorganism or a cell line for the purposes of the patent procedure under the Budapest Treaty
The CNCM is the only collection in France with the status of International Depositary Authority under the Budapest Treaty on the international recognition of the deposit of microorganisms for the purposes of the patent procedure and may receive microorganisms, cell cultures and viruses, all filed for purposes requiring a strictly defined confidentiality clause. To make a deposit, please contact email@example.com.