- We use experimental techniques such as crystallography and SAXS to visualize at the atomic level the structure of molecules essential to life such as DNA polymerases or ion channels.
- We complement them with molecular and normal modes dynamics, so as to go beyond the essentially static pictures given by these methods.
- We also try to better understand the electrostatics of macromolecules and their interaction with the solvent, in order to be able to predict their binding properties.
- Our main goal is to design structure-inspired drugs (pharmacology) and re-design active site(s) to make them accept other substrates (synthetic biology).
Development of methods in computational structural biology
We are developing new computational methods to calculate the electrostatics of proteins, understand their dynamical properties and simulate transitions between two known conformations of the same macromolecule.
DNA Replication and Synthetic Biology
We work with archaeal DNA polymerases to make them accept xeno-nucleotides and synthesize variants of DNA and RNA in vivo.
DNA Repair and Cancer
We study the mechanism of DNA Double Strand Breaks through the so-called Non-homologous End Joining in mammals using x-ray crystallography and structural studies of pol mu and Tdt
- 2015Structural basis for a novel mechanism of DNA bridging and alignment in eukaryotic DSB DNA repair - The EMBO journal
- 2015Genuine open form of the pentameric ligand-gated ion channel GLIC - Acta crystallographica. Section D, Biological crystallography
- 2015Allosteric and hyperekplexic mutant phenotypes investigated on an α1 glycine receptor transmembrane structure - Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America
- 2014Crystallographic studies of pharmacological sites in pentameric ligand-gated ion channels - Biochimica et biophysica acta
- 2013Crystal structures of a pentameric ligand-gated ion channel provide a mechanism for activation - Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America
- 2013Structures of intermediates along the catalytic cycle of terminal deoxynucleotidyltransferase: dynamical aspects of the two-metal ion mechanism - Journal of molecular biology
- 2013Structural basis for ion permeation mechanism in pentameric ligand-gated ion channels - The EMBO journal
- 2013Structural basis for potentiation by alcohols and anaesthetics in a ligand-gated ion channel - Nature communications
- 2012Molecular recognition of canonical and deaminated bases by P. abyssi family B DNA polymerase - Journal of molecular biology
- 2012Structure and pharmacology of pentameric receptor channels: from bacteria to brain - Structure (London, England : 1993)
- +Voir la liste complète de publications
Phone: Ext. 39 45
Unite de Dynamique Structurales des Macromolecules Biologiques
25-28 Rue du Docteur Roux