Endocytosis is an essential process used to internalize a wide range of molecules, and involved in many processes such as cell migration, cell division, immunity and pathogen invasion. Several endocytic pathways exist, enabling the entry of specific cargos. Clathrin-independent endocytosis (CIE) pathways are still not well understood. Cytokine receptors like interleukin-2 receptor (IL-2R) were first physiological examples of cargos taken up by CIE. They are attractive cargos since they transduce the signal essential for the immune response. Cytokine receptor endocytosis tightly controls the proliferation signal. We have previously identified several factors involved in this CIE pathway, mainly proteins linked to actin and dynamin such as cortactin, N-WASP, the WAVE complex, Arp2/3, PI3K, Vav2, Rac1, and PAKs but also protein bending membranes like endophilin.
- Characterize at the molecular level clathrin-independent endocytosis.
- Analyse the dynamics of several endocytic mechanisms.
- Link between cytokine receptor endocytosis,signalling and cell organization
- What are the factors initiating the CIE vesicle?
- How and when the endocytic factors are recruited?
- Jean-Christophe Olivo-Marin’s group (IP): Thibault Lagache, Alexandre Dufour, Vannry Meas-Yedid. Computational imaging of clathrin-independent endocytosis dynamics
- Fernando Arenzana’ group (IP): Anne Brelot, Bernard Lagane, Fanny Momboisse. Heterogeneity of CC Chemokine Receptor 5 (CCR5) conformations and cluster of cytokine receptors by single molecule imaging analysis
- Michael Trichet (UPMC Paris) and Eija Jokitalo (University of Helsinki, Finland). Ultrastructure of IL-2R pit
- Harvey McMahon (MRC cambridge) and Emmanuel Boucrot (UCL London). Role of endophilin in endocytosis.
- Alexis Gautreau (Ecole Polytechnique). Role of the WAVE complex in endocytosis
- Ali Amara (IUH, Paris) and Nolwen Jouvenet (IP)’s teams: Yellow fever viruses endocytosis
- Microscopy: Live spinning disc, Confocal, Total internal reflexion Fluorescent Microscopy (TIRF, movie1,2), Electron microscopy, Tomography (movies 3,4)
- Image analysis: Single molecules tracking, cluster organization, co-localization (ICY)
- Cell and molecular biology: siRNA, Gene editing, immunofluorescence, FACS
Ma video is about: