The Hub of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics provides analytical support to research units and platforms at the Institut Pasteur. The Hub is committed to this mission through:
- Collaborating on scientific projects, submitted by research teams of our institute, to the Hub.
- Training scientific staff from the Institut Pasteur Paris or from other institutes of the international network of Instituts Pasteur.
- Developing tools and applications to be shared with the broader scientific community.
- Interacting directly with scientist upon specific inquiries.
The Hub is hiring a research engineer in bioinformatics/biostatistics/chemometrics, to be detached in the new metabolomics technological core facility team for developing non-targeted/targeted metabolomic/lipidomic approaches. This engineer (bioinformatician/chemometrician/data scientist) will perform (i) the analysis of metabolomics and lipidomics data, (ii) the development of tools for compounds annotation and (iii) the interpretation of metabolomics/lipidomics results.
The engineer will be detached for 80% of his/her time in the metabolomics team headed by Sandrine Aros. The remaining 20% will be dedicated to technical contribution and interaction with the Hub, as well as training and teaching activities.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Build a workflow to automate the analysis of data generated by LC-MS
- Create an interface to help visualizing the LC-MS data
- Build chemical compound database
- Develop tools to annotate chemical compounds (from LC-MS data, molecular networks…)
- Develop tools to help in the biological interpretation of the experimental results (e.g. metabolic networks)
- Ensure reproducibility and sustainability of the developed tools
- Stay current with scientific literature and evaluate the published tools / Deliver training courses in bioinformatics / data science applied to metabolomics
- Write scientific articles and participate in conferences to enhance the developed methods and tools
- Join scientific networks dedicated to metabolomics
- PhD or master/engineer degree in chemoinformatics, bioinformatics or data science
- Solid knowledge of R and/or Python programing languages, use of bash, and knowledge of other languages like C/C++
- Knowledge in the use or development of networks (e.g. metabolic or molecular) would be appreciated
- Previous experience in the analysis of LC-MS data would be a plus
- Good writing/speaking communication skills in English (B2/C1)
- Scientific curiosity and interest in biology and chemistry
- Rigor, pedagogy
- Flexibility and ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment and on multiple scientific projects
Click on the following link and select the corresponding profile “Metabolomics data analysis” when this will be proposed:
Please, submit your updated CV and a cover letter (motivation letter). You may indicate contact information for reference letters (3 max.). They will be automatically contacted when you validate your application.
We are a team committed to foster a fair, inclusive and diverse work environment. Diversity has been scientifically established as a key factor to improve scientific objectivity. Hence, all applicants will be evaluated solely based on qualification regardless of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race or disability.