The Hub of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics provides analytical support to research units and platforms at the Institut Pasteur. The Hub is committed to this mission through:
- Collaborating on scientific projects, submitted by research teams of our institute, to the Hub.
- Training scientific staff from the Institut Pasteur Paris or from other institutes of the international network of Instituts Pasteur.
- Developing tools and applications to be shared with the broader scientific community
- Interacting directly with scientist upon specific inquiries
The Hub is hiring a research engineer in bioinformatics/biostatistics, to be detached in the team “Machine Learning for Integrative Genomics” headed by Laura Cantini.
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer (f/m/x) to join the Cantini lab, young G5 team in Institut Pasteur also affiliated to the PaRis Artificial Intelligence Research InstitutE (PRAIRIE https://prairie-institute.fr/) and CNRS UMR3738. The focus of the team is on the development of single-cell multi-modal integrative tools.
The recruited engineer will be working at the interphase of the Cantini lab and several wet-lab teams in the Pasteur campus having cutting-edge single-cell data. The selected person will apply the tools developed in the lab to the data of the collaborators and follow the evolution of the work participating to meetings in both the Cantini lab and the lab of the collaborators. Publications are thus expected in joint authorship with the wet-lab team. In addition, the recruited engineer will maintain the code of the tools designed in the team and he/she will work on fusing the different tools into an optimized environment.
The engineer will be detached for 80% of his/her time in the team headed by Laura Cantini. The remaining 20% will be dedicated to technical contribution and interaction with the Hub, as well as training and teaching activities.
- PhD in Data science, Computer Science, Computational Biology, or related fields.
- Previous experience in single-cell data analysis and/or multi-omics integration tools.
- Strong programming (R and Python) skills will be a plus.
- Previous experience in collaborations with wet-lab biologists will be a plus.
Team and location:
The Cantini lab is an interdisciplinary team composed of researchers in data science, computational biology and bioinformatics. The recruited researchers will be based with all the team at Institut Pasteur, a world-renowned center of excellence for research in infectious diseases, assuring tight collaboration with computational biology and wet-lab biology experts. In addition, the affiliation to the PRAIRIE institute, one of the 4 Interdisciplinary Institutes for Artificial Intelligence research set up as part of the national strategy for Artificial Intelligence, providing interaction at AI and machine learning level.
Click on the following link and select the corresponding profile “Single-cell multi-omics integration” when this will be proposed:
Please, submit your updated CV and a cover letter (motivation letter). You may indicate contact information for reference letters (3 max.). They will be automatically contacted when you validate your application.
We are a team committed to foster a fair, inclusive and diverse work environment. Diversity has been scientifically established as a key factor to improve scientific objectivity. Hence, all applicants will be evaluated solely based on qualification regardless of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race or disability.