Keywords: complex systems; molecular biophysics; temporal networks; stochastic processes; inverse problems; scientific computing; computational neuroscience Personal web page: christianvestergaard.wordpress.com (contains info on past projects & detailed CV). Google scholar page.
Numerical methods for network analysis
Networks provide an efficient formalism to study many complex real-world systems. They provide a natural modeling framework of structural and functional brain networks, protein interaction networks, social interactions, information and epidemic spreading, and infrastructural […]
Deciding in Complex Environments
This project aims at understanding the dynamical behaviour of drosophila larva. The larva is a ~10000 neurons that exhibit complex behaviour dynamics in response to external stimuli and to possible internal states. This project is […]
Mapping Receptor Dynamics In Synapses
This project aims at understanding the synaptic environment at the single receptor scale. Now that large amounts of dynamical single molecule data are available and that single molecule science is slowly transitioning into a big […]
Education & research positions
- 2017 – : CNRS researcher (CRCN) in the Decision and Bayesian Computation group in the Department of Neuroscience at the Pasteur Institute, Paris.
- 2021 – : Springboard Chair at PR[AI]RIE.
- 2016 – 2017: Postdoc in the Decision and Bayesian Computation group in the Department of Neuroscience at the Pasteur Institute, Paris.
- 2013 – 2016: Postdoc in the group of Dr. Alain Barrat in the Statistical Physics and Complex Systems team at the Center for Theoretical Physics (CPT), UMR 7332, Marseille.
- 2012 – 2013: Postdoc in the Stochastic Systems and Signals group at DTU Nanotech, Technical University of Denmark.
- 2008 – 2012: PhD in theoretical biophysics in the Stochastic Systems and Signals group at DTU Nanotech, Technical University of Denmark.
- 2003 – 2008: Master’s in physics and biophysics at the Niels Bohr Institute for theoretical physics, University of Copenhagen.
- 2007: Exchange semester at UPMC, Paris. Second year Master’s in complex systems.
Grants & fellowships
- 2021-2024: ANR JCJC grant.
- 2019-2021: ACIP: Inter-Institut Pasteur Concerted Actions grant.
- 2017-2019: Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini postdoctoral fellowship.
- 2008: Copenhagen Graduate School for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Pre-doc stipend.
Referee work: Publons page
2020Statistical Tests for Force Inference in Heterogeneous Environments., Sci Rep 2020 03; 10(1): 3783.
2019Mapping spatio-temporal dynamics of single biomolecules in living cells, Phys. Biol. 2019 Nov;17(1):015003.
2018Single-particle trajectories reveal two-state diffusion-kinetics of hOGG1 proteins on DNA, Nucleic Acids Res. 2018 Jan;.
2016Recalibrating disease parameters for increasing realism in modeling epidemics in closed settings, BMC Infect. Dis. 2016 Nov;16(1):676.
2016Optimizing experimental parameters for tracking of diffusing particles, Phys Rev E 2016 Aug;94(2-1):022401.
2016[Evaluating the epidemic risk from incomplete data], Med Sci (Paris) 2016 May;32(5):506-8.
2016Transition state theory demonstrated at the micron scale with out-of-equilibrium transport in a confined environment, Nat Commun 2016 Jan;7:10227.
2015Compensating for population sampling in simulations of epidemic spread on temporal contact networks, Nat Commun 2015 Nov;6:8860.
2015Temporal Gillespie Algorithm: Fast Simulation of Contagion Processes on Time-Varying Networks, PLoS Comput. Biol. 2015 Oct;11(10):e1004579.
2015Harmonic force spectroscopy measures load-dependent kinetics of individual human β-cardiac myosin molecules, Nat Commun 2015 Aug;6:7931.
+View full list of publications