The effect of bone marrow transplantation on brain microglia
Bone marrow transplantation is a frequently used clinical procedure for the treatment of various blood diseases, cancers and for certain demyelinating disorders of the brain and spinal cord. It is now known that peripheral […]
Topological and statistical properties of neural connectomes
This project aims to characterize the mircrociruit structure of small animals’ brains and link this to how the brain processes information and encodes behavior. The project relies on simultaneous access to recent synapse-resolution wiring […]
Modelling and diagnosing fetuses
Improvements of fetal diagnosis allow now addressing complex diseases through multimodal procedures. However, there are known limitations to what can be accurately diagnosed from ultrasound and complementary invasive tests may have side effects. Complementary […]
Numerical methods for network analysis
Networks provide an efficient formalism to study many complex real-world systems. They provide a natural modeling framework of structural and functional brain networks, protein interaction networks, social interactions, information and epidemic spreading, and infrastructural […]
Deciding in Complex environments
This project aims at understanding the dynamical behaviour of drosophila larva. The larva is a ~10000 neurons that exhibit complex behaviour dynamics in response to external stimuli and to possible internal states. This project is […]
Mapping Receptor Dynamics In Synapses
This project aims at understanding the synaptic environment at the single receptor scale. Now that large amounts of dynamical single molecule data are available and that single molecule science is slowly transitioning into a big […]
Themis, Nyx, Japet & Héméré
Themis, Nyx, Japet & Héméré are the four software we will be developing starting in 2022 Themis will be a Julia library that generates greedy decision making from probability distribution of relevant summary statistics. […]
Single-molecule localization microscopy (SMLM) allows studying the dynamics of molecules in cells and resolving the biophysical properties that underlie cellular function. With the continuously growing amount of data produced by every single experiment, the […]
Education & research positions
- 2017 – : CNRS researcher (CRCN) in the Decision and Bayesian Computation group in the Department of Neuroscience at the Pasteur Institute, Paris.
- 2021 – : Springboard Chair at PR[AI]RIE.
- 2016 – 2017: Postdoc in the Decision and Bayesian Computation group in the Department of Neuroscience at the Pasteur Institute, Paris.
- 2013 – 2016: Postdoc in the group of Dr. Alain Barrat in the Statistical Physics and Complex Systems team at the Center for Theoretical Physics (CPT), UMR 7332, Marseille.
- 2012 – 2013: Postdoc in the Stochastic Systems and Signals group at DTU Nanotech, Technical University of Denmark.
- 2008 – 2012: PhD in theoretical biophysics in the Stochastic Systems and Signals group at DTU Nanotech, Technical University of Denmark.
- 2003 – 2008: Master’s in physics and biophysics at the Niels Bohr Institute for theoretical physics, University of Copenhagen.
- 2007: Exchange semester at UPMC, Paris. Second year Master’s in complex systems.
Grants & fellowships
- 2022-2024: ANR Inception grant — BitesGoingViral.
- 2021-2023: ANR PR[AI]RIE chair package
- 2021-2024: ANR JCJC grant — SiNCoBe.
- 2019-2021: ACIP: Inter-Institut Pasteur Concerted Actions grant — ETHOMOS.
- 2017-2019: Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini postdoctoral fellowship.
- 2008: Copenhagen Graduate School for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Pre-doc stipend.
Referee work: Publons page
2023Simulation-based inference for non-parametric statistical comparison of biomolecule dynamics., PLoS Comput Biol 2023 Feb; 19(2): e1010088.
2022Variational inference of fractional Brownian motion with linear computational complexity, Physical Review E , 2022, 106, pp.055311. ⟨10.1103/PhysRevE.106.055311⟩.
2022Randomized reference models for temporal networks, SIAM Review, 2022, 64 (4), ⟨10.1137/19M1242252⟩.
2022TRamWAy: mapping physical properties of individual biomolecule random motion in large-scale single-particle tracking experiments., Bioinformatics 2022 May; 38(11): 3149-3150.
2022Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation chemotherapy causes microglia senescence and peripheral macrophage engraftment in the brain., Nat Med 2022 Mar; 28(3): 517-527.
2021Learning physical properties of anomalous random walks using graph neural networks, J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 54 234001.
2020Statistical Tests for Force Inference in Heterogeneous Environments., Sci Rep 2020 03; 10(1): 3783.
2019Mapping spatio-temporal dynamics of single biomolecules in living cells, Phys. Biol. 2019 Nov;17(1):015003.
2018Single-particle trajectories reveal two-state diffusion-kinetics of hOGG1 proteins on DNA, Nucleic Acids Res. 2018 Jan;.
+View full list of publications