Laura Cantini is a G5 junior group leader heading the Machine Learning for Integrative Genomics group. Mathematician by training, Laura works at the interphase of machine learning and genomics. Due to the advent of high-throughput technologies, multiple large-scale quantitative measurements, a.k.a. omics, can be accessed for the same set of biological samples or cells. The focus of Laura’s research activity is to design machine learning methods able to co-analyze the numerous available omics data and translate them into actionable biological knowledge. Laura is a CNRS research associate and a Prairie chair.
Education and academic positions:
- from Jan 2023 : G5 junior group leader, Institut Pasteur, Paris
- from 2021: Chair position, Institut Prairie, Paris (https://prairie-institute.fr)
- 2019: Visiting researcher, MIT CSAIL department, Cambridge, US (head: Manolis Kellis)
- 2018-2022: CNRS research scientist, Institut de Biologie de l’Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris
- 2016-2018: Postdoctoral fellow, Institut Curie, Paris (head: Emmanuel Barillot)
- 2014-2015: Visiting Ph.D student, Aalto university, Helsinki, Finland (head: Santo Fortunato)
- 2013-2015: Ph.D student, University of Turin, Italy (head: Michele Caselle, Enzo Medico)
- 2022: prix Poletti (https://www.insb.cnrs.fr/fr/talents/cnrs?medal=278)
- 2018: L’Oreal-UNESCO Fellowship for women in science
2022Optimal Transport improves cell-cell similarity inference in single-cell omics data., Bioinformatics 2022 Feb; 38(8): 2169-77.
2021Benchmarking joint multi-omics dimensionality reduction approaches for the study of cancer., Nat Commun 2021 Jan; 12(1): 124.
2021Evaluating the Reproducibility of Single-Cell Gene Regulatory Network Inference Algorithms., Front Genet 2021 ; 12(): 617282.
2020An Integrated Analysis of miRNA and Gene Expression Changes in Response to an Obesogenic Diet to Explore the Impact of Transgenerational Supplementation with Omega 3 Fatty Acids., Nutrients 2020 Dec; 12(12): .
2020Collective intelligence defines biological functions in Wikipedia as communities in the hidden protein connection network., PLoS Comput Biol 2020 Feb; 16(2): e1007652.
2020Interpreting pathways to discover cancer driver genes with Moonlight., Nat Commun 2020 Jan; 11(1): 69.
2019Assessing reproducibility of matrix factorization methods in independent transcriptomes., Bioinformatics 2019 Nov; 35(21): 4307-4313.
2019Investigating the epi-miRNome: identification of epi-miRNAs using transfection experiments., Epigenomics 2019 Nov; 11(14): 1581-1599.
2019Independent Component Analysis for Unraveling the Complexity of Cancer Omics Datasets., Int J Mol Sci 2019 Sep; 20(18): .
2019Molecular Inverse Comorbidity between Alzheimer’s Disease and Lung Cancer: New Insights from Matrix Factorization., Int J Mol Sci 2019 Jun; 20(13): .
+View full list of publications