A postdoctoral position in the Integrative structural biology of dynamic systems group headed by Max Bonomi is available for 1+ year. The group is part of the Structural Bioinformatics Unit directed by M. Nilges at Institut Pasteur (Paris, France). The position is founded by an ANR JCJC grant.
Our group works on the development and application of integrative computational and experimental approaches to characterize structure and dynamics of complex biological systems. More specifically, this project will focus on the i) the development of an integrative approach to combine cryo-electron microscopy data into molecular dynamics (MD) simulations for single-structure and ensemble refinement; ii) application to the characterization of the dynamics of the Type II secretion system pseudopilus, in collaboration with the experimental group of O. Francetic (Institut Pasteur).
We are seeking a candidate with PhD degree in computational biology, chemistry or physics and:
- Experience with MD simulations;
- Good knowledge of statistics;
- Experience with other computational techniques in structural biology is a plus;
- Programming skills are a plus.
We strongly encourage applicants from persons with backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in the field.
For inquiries, please contact Dr. Bonomi (email@example.com). To apply, please send an email and include a CV, a letter of motivation, and contact for two references. Selected candidates will be contacted for a remote interview. Deadline for application is April 5th 2021.
Additional practical information:
- The starting date is flexible between June-September 2021
- Duration of the contract is 1 year, renewable for up to 2.5 years total
- The annual gross salary depends on experience and starts at ~36k€/year