Research Experience & Academic Positions
• 2005-current Director, & Executive Engineer to IMAGOPOLE
• 2001-current Group leader: Plateforme d’Imagerie Dynamique
• 1999-2001 Assistant Professor at the Medical university of South Carolina, studying single cell mechanisms of calcium dependent modulation of exocytosis, and gene expression in anterior pituitary cells. [Pr. Stephen Frawley].
• 1996-1999 Institute Pasteur, Pr. Henri Korn.
Research Fellowship (Fondation pour le Recherche Medicale): Development of imaging techniques to visualise dynamics of cytoskeleton protein polymerisation in living neurones. Research Fellowship EEC (Fifth Framework Programme, individual award, TMR Scheme): The Role of Cytoskeletal Actin in NMDA-receptor-mediated Signal Transduction.
• 1995-1996 Post-doctoral Research Fellow EEC ’Human Capital & Mobility’ Scheme as part of an award to Dr. Y. Ben-Ari at INSERM U-29, Hôpital de Port Royal, 75014, Paris, France
• 1988-1995 Research Assistant Department of Biochemistry, University of Bristol. PhD studies, post funded by the Wellcome Trust (London) through grants awarded to Dr J.G. Schofield & Professor G.L. Collingridge. Studying mechanisms and dynamics of calcium signal regulation inside neuroendocrine cells.
• 2005 Lauréate « Prix des ingénieurs de l’année 2005 »
• 2004 Awarded Carl Zeiss Foundation prize recognising achievements in microscopy
• 2001 Awarded honorarium prize for “exceptional research” presented at the 83rd meeting of the Endocrine Society (Denver, USA).