Désolé, cet article est seulement disponible en anglais américain.
Cliquez pour voir le graph
Cliquez pour voir la ligne de temps
Ligne de temps
ANR TranSig – Trans-signalling: A novel mechanism of Leishmania host cell immune evasion through the release of parasite signalling proteins
Najma Rachidi (PI)
Intracellular parasitism is a major hallmark of the most successful and deadly human pathogens. This microbial survival strategy is especially devastating if immune cells are exploited as hosts. Here we propose to use the […]
PTR 539 – A multilevel systems approach to elucidate the host-Leishmania interactome and to identify host targets for anti-leishmanial drug discovery
Joo Hwan No (PI)
Our PTR project investigates at the complex interface between the intracellular pathogen Leishmania and its macrophage host cell. We will apply systems-wide analyses to elucidate the molecular mechanisms underlying the reciprocal metabolic relationship between […]
ANR TransLeish – Discovery of druggable protein kinases in the protozoan parasite Leishmania donovani using hit compounds identified by phenotypic screening
Najma Rachidi (PI)
The protozoan parasite Leishmania donovani causes fatal visceral leishmaniasis, one of the most neglected tropical diseases. In the absence of economic incentive, serious Research and Development (R&D) investments into anti-leishmanial drug development lack from […]
FP7 Targeting the Leishmania kinome for the development of novel anti-parasitic strategies (LeishDrug)
Gérald Spaeth (PI)
Visceral leishmaniasis is caused by the protozoan parasites Leishmania donovani and Leishmania infantum and is a potentially fatal disease in endemic areas around the world. During the infectious cycle, Leishmania alternate between the insect […]
- 2018: “Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches”, Paris Descartes University, France
- 1998: PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, USTL-Montpellier II, France.
- 1994: Master degree in Biochemistry and Applied Biology at the University of Caen, and microbiology and in Food Science at the university of Montpellier II, France.
- 1992: Bachelor degree in Biology and Biochemistry at the University of Caen.
- 1990: Technical degree in Applied Biology at the University of Technology in Caen.
FIELD OF EXPERTISE
- Parasitology, Infection diseases, Host-pathogen interactions and Translational research.
RESEARCH and PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 2015-now. Senior researcher and Team leader of Molecular parasitology, PARSIG Unit, Institut Pasteur & INSERM U1201, Paris.
- 2017. Visiting Scientist at IP Shanghai, China
- 2012-2015. Researcher, PARSIG Unit, Institut Pasteur & INSERM U1201, Paris.
- 2009-2011. Researcher, USR3151, station biologique de Roscoff, CNRS, Roscoff.
- 2006-2009. Postdoc, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Unit of Cell Division. University of Manchester, UK.
- 1999-2005. Postdoc, School of Life Sciences, Division of Gene Expression and Regulation. Laboratoiry of Prof. M.J.R. Stark. University of Dundee, UK.
- 1998-1999. Lecturer, ENSA-Montpellier. Laboratoire de Biochimie Métabolique et de Technologie, IPV-INRA Montpellier.
SCIENTIFIC ACTIVITIES, RESPONSABILITIES & EXPERTISES
- 20 publications, Hirsch h index: 12 (total citations: 2429).
- Scientific coordination: 2014-2018: ANR-TranSig, Trans-signalling: A novel mechanism of Leishmania host cell immune evasion through the release of parasite signalling proteins.
- Scientific co-coordination: 2012-2016: ANR-TransLeish (www.transleish.org), “Discovery of druggable protein kinases in the protozoan parasite Leishmania donovani using hit compounds identified by phenotypic screening”.
- Collaborations : Laurent Meijer (ManRos, Roscoff), Joachim Clos (Hambourg), Uwe Knippschild (Ulm), Pascal Marchand (Nantes), Sandrine Cojean (Paris Sud), Damarys Loew (Institut Curie) & Florent Dingli (Institut Curie).
- Member of organising committee : Labex IBEID international symposium : Can one anticipate the next emerging infectious diseases in Europe?, Paris (2014). PIV international conference: CRISPR in parasitology, Paris(2018).
- Member of the editorial board of « Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology ».
- Reviewer for PLoS one, Medchemcomm, cellular microbiology, Biochemical pharmacology, PLoS NTD, Molecules, Experimental parasitology, journal of cellular biochemistry, and ACS infectious diseases, AAC, Molecular Microbiology.
- Grant reviewer for CAPES-COFECUB, Fwo and Fiocruz-Pasteur. Member of PhD theses jury: 3.
- Responsabilities: member of the bureau of the “collège chercheur de l’Institut Pasteur”.
- Supervision of 9 students, 4 PhD students (3 in co-supervision), 2 postdocs, 1 senior scientist, 1 technician and 1 engineer.
- 2012-2016: Co-coordinator ANR TranLeish consortium.
- 2014-2018: Coordinator ANR TranSig consortium.
- 2015: PhD grant from the Labex IBEID.
- 2002-2005: Fellow of the Welcome Trust (UK).
- 1994-1998: Fellow of the Ministry of Education and Research (France).
- Since 2013: Lecturer in Master 1, Basic and medical parasitology/mycology, UPMC Sorbonne universities & Lecturer in Master 2, parasitology, UPMC Sorbonne universities.
- 2013-2015: Lecturer in Master 1, UE Agents infectieux, University of Versailles.
- 2015: Sanofi parasitology training, invited as an expert in drug discovery for Leishmaniasis. 2016-2018: Tutoring PhD student.
- Since 2012: Member of the coordination team of the Master 2 of sciences and technologies, option molecular and cellular biology, UPMC, Sorbonne universities, headed by Dominique Mazier.
- 2017: Lecturer at the international course “Teaching Asia Pacific Pasteur Institute Network (TAPPIN)”, Institut Pasteur of Shanghai, China.
2020SILAC-based quantitative proteomics reveals pleiotropic, phenotypic modulation in primary murine macrophages infected with the protozoan pathogen Leishmania donovani., J Proteomics 2020 02; 213(): 103617.
2017Characterisation of Casein Kinase 1.1 in Using the CRISPR Cas9 Toolkit, Biomed Res Int 2017;2017:4635605.
2017The enemy within: Targeting host-parasite interaction for antileishmanial drug discovery, PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2017 Jun;11(6):e0005480.
2016Species- and Strain-Specific Adaptation of the HSP70 Super Family in Pathogenic Trypanosomatids, Genome Biol Evol 2016 07;8(6):1980-95.
2016From Drug Screening to Target Deconvolution: a Target-Based Drug Discovery Pipeline Using Leishmania Casein Kinase 1 Isoform 2 To Identify Compounds with Antileishmanial Activity., Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2016 05; 60(5): 2822-33.
2015A touch of Zen: post-translational regulation of the Leishmania stress response, Cell. Microbiol. 2015 May;17(5):632-8.
2014Transgenic analysis of the Leishmania MAP kinase MPK10 reveals an auto-inhibitory mechanism crucial for stage-regulated activity and parasite viability, PLoS Pathog. 2014 Sep;10(9):e1004347.
2014Probing druggability and biological function of essential proteins in Leishmania combining facilitated null mutant and plasmid shuffle analyses, Mol. Microbiol. 2014 Jul;93(1):146-66.
2014Phosphorylation of Sli15 by Ipl1 is important for proper CPC localization and chromosome stability in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, PLoS ONE 2014;9(2):e89399.
2013Pharmacological assessment defines Leishmania donovani casein kinase 1 as a drug target and reveals important functions in parasite viability and intracellular infection, Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 2014;58(3):1501-15.
+Voir la liste complète de publications