The Hub of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics provides analytical support to research units and platforms at the Institut Pasteur. The Hub is committed to this mission through:
- Collaborating on scientific projects, submitted by research teams of our institute, to the Hub.
- Training scientific staff from the Institut Pasteur Paris or from other institutes of the international network of Instituts Pasteur.
- Developing tools and applications to be shared with the broader scientific community
- Interacting directly with scientist upon specific inquiries
The Bioinformatics and Biostatistics Hub of Institut Pasteur Paris is currently offering a permanent position in OMICs data analysis and integration in the biomedical field.
What we offer:
The ideal candidate will be part of a highly competitive and unique environment of research engineers interacting with scientists from Institut Pasteur. The collaborations include in a wide range of basic science, public health and technological applications.
What you will bring along:
The following skillset is desirable in the potential candidates:
- PhD, or Master degree (two-year) with 3 years of professional experience in Bioinformatics/Biostatistics or in related fields.
- Experience in the analysis of any large-scale omic-derived data, and interest in OMIC data integration / multi-omics.
- Strong statistical background.
- Experience in (biological) network analysis.
- Proficiency in statistical data analysis of high-dimensional data (uni-/multi-variate analyses, inference, statistical modelling, linear and non-linear methods, clustering, machine learning, etc.)
- Experience in Artificial Intelligence-based approaches for data analysis is a plus.
- Proficiency in R or/and Python
- Ability to manage research projects
- Interest in keeping up with methods to tackle new technologies on OMICS
Other useful soft skills you might provide:
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Good communication skills
- Thoroughness and organisational skills
- Great sense of initiative and vision
- Autonomy & reliability
Click on the following link and select the corresponding profile “OMICs data analysis and integration” when this will be proposed:
Please, submit your updated CV and a cover letter (motivation letter). You may indicate contact information for reference letters (3 max.). They will be automatically contacted when you validate your application.
We are a team committed to foster a fair, inclusive and diverse work environment. Diversity has been scientifically established as a key factor to improve scientific objectivity. Hence, all applicants will be evaluated solely based on qualification regardless of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race or disability.