My interest is to study the mechanobiology of the intestinal invasion by the pathogenic amoeba Entamoeba histolytica, by analyzing the role of amoebic and environmental factors (biological and mechanical) on its migration through the colonic tissue.
Call Emulate 2020 – Mucibiome – Impact of the colon mucus layer colonized by microbiota on the colonic epithelium mechanics under strech and on the pathogenesis of Entamoeba histolytica
In the human colon, mucus protects the underlying epithelium from pathogens. During infection, pathogens and resident microbiota compete for nutritional metabolites and therefore changes may alter the equilibrium in the colon ecosystem contributing to […]
PTR 232-2019. Mechabiome. Computational imaging of the spatiotemporal distribution of forces in gut tissue: a study of the cross talk between cell mechanics, microbiome and infectious processes
Mechanical forces trigger many cellular functions and change the geometry and physical properties of a tissue. Very few studies look at the biomechanisms of invasion of microbes at tissue level. – In this project […]
Impact of tissue components on cell migration: adhesion strength, cell morpho-dynamics and intracellular biophysics parameters.
We aim to analyze the impact of substrates on Entamoeba histolytica mode of migration during colonic mucosa invasion using live imaging and quantitative image analysis. E. histolytica, the etiological agent of amoebiasis, is a […]
Impact of gut mechanical forces and 3D architecture on the intestine homeostasis during pathogen interaction and in cancer disease
The intestine, and in particular the colon, comprising a mucus blanket, an epithelial monolayer and the lamina propria rich in immune cells, is constantly subjected to shear stress (flow) and peristaltic motion (stretching), both […]
- 2023Encystation and Stress Responses under the Control of Ubiquitin-like Proteins in Pathogenic Amoebae, Microorganisms.
- 20224D live imaging and computational modeling of a functional gut-on-a-chip evaluate how peristalsis facilitates enteric pathogen invasion., Science advances.
- 2022PDE-Constrained Optimization for Nuclear Mechanics, 2022 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP).
- 2022Domain Adapted Multi-task Learning For Segmenting Amoeboid Cells in Microscopy, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 2022.
- 2022PI Kinase-EhGEF2-EhRho5 axis contributes to LPA stimulated macropinocytosis in Entamoeba histolytica, PLoS Pathog 18(5): e1010550.
- 2022Characterizing Cell Populations Using Statistical Shape Modes, 2022 IEEE 19th International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI).
- 2021Dynamic Shape Modeling to Analyze Modes ofMigration During Cell Motility, arXiv.org.
- 2021A Min-Max Based Hyperparameter Estimation For Domain-Adapted Segmentation Of Amoeboid Cells, 2021 IEEE 18th International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI).
- 2020Modeling Shape Dynamics During Cell Motility in Microscopy Videos, 2020 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 2020, .
- 2020Learning to segment clustered amoeboid cells from brightfield microscopy via multi-task learning with adaptive weight selection, 2020 25th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR).
- +View full list of publications