The Hub of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics, created in 2015 to provide support in these domains to the Units and Platforms of the Institut Pasteur, is recruiting four bioinformaticians to continue the support activities and take over the increasing requests for the analysis of biological data.
The recruited engineers may be eventually allocated part- time to Research Units and/or Technology Platforms.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The main mission is to provide support to Research Units and Platforms for the bioinformatics and/or biostatistics analysis of their data.
This support includes:
- analyzing quantitative data for the Units and Platforms of the Institut Pasteur,
- guaranteeing the use of state-of-the art computational and statistical methods,
- advising and guiding researchers on suitable methods and tools for the analysis of their biological data,
- developing new methods and computational tools,
- ensuring the transfer of tools and expertise to the Units and Platforms,
- maintaining the methods and tools developed by the Units, and ensuring their integration into core software solutions like Galaxy or Snakemake,
- delivering training courses in bioinformatics and biostatistics,
- participating in the development of national and international collaborative projects,
- interacting with the Institut Pasteur International Network (IPIN, 33 institutes around the world), in particular for trainings and data analysis,
- participating in the writing of scientific articles.
Four positions are available
- Two positions are available in “OMICS” data analysis.
The candidate should satisfy two or more of the following requirements:
- Proven experience in the analysis of any large-scale omic-derived data, and interest in OMIC data integration / multi-omics,
- Solid knowledge of the computational methods for the study of genome organization and regulation,
- Strong statistical background,
- Experience in (biological) network analysis,
- Experience in single cell data analysis.
These two positions will be 100% assigned to the Hub.
- One position for the BIOMICS platform
- Bioinformatician with previous experience in OMICS data analysis and pipeline development,
- Proficient in python and experience in software development,
- Knowledge in classical sequencing data analysis (variant calling, genome assembly, differential analysis, etc.).
This position will be a double affiliation to the BIOMICS technology platform (80%), and the Hub (20%).
Junior profiles are welcome for this position.
More information on this position on this page: biomics position.
- One position for the Metabolomics Platform (MP)
- Strong (bio)statistical background, including experimental design,
- Proven experience in big data analysis; with OMIC and metadata analysis being a plus,
- Interest in multi-omic data analysis.
This position will be a double affiliation to the MP (80%), and the Hub (20%). The metabolomics Plateform will be created in January 2021
PhD is mandatory for this position.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment on multiple scientific projects,
- Willingness to be part of collaborative initiatives,
- Good communication and interpersonal skills,
- Scientific rigor,
- Teaching experience in bioinformatics/biostatistics will be a plus.
It is necessary to satisfy one of the two following profiles:
- Master level or equivalent in bioinformatics, statistics, applied mathematics, or a related field, followed by a professional experience of at least 3 years in research or support for research in bioinformatics, biostatistics, or biological data analysis,
- PhD in bioinformatics, statistics, applied mathematics or a related field, followed by at least 2 years of professional experience in research or research support in bioinformatics, biostatistics, or biological data analysis.
The Hub and Institut Pasteur are committed to foster gender equality, so female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Applications (cover letter, detailed CV, and reference contact) should be submitted online via the following URL:
- The deadline for applying is October 02, 2020.
- Candidate pre-selection will be on November 02, 2020.
- Successful candidates will be invited for interviews between November 16 and 20, 2020 (please, make sure to be available for these dates).
- Hiring date is planned between January 2021 and March 2021.
Because of sanitary restrictions, online interviews will be possible using Teams. A link will be provided and it will not require the installation of Teams.