AntiMicrobial Resistance (AMR) is one of the most urgent public health threats. Actions are needed to reverse the curve of antimicrobial resistance dissemination and to develop innovative drugs (antibiotics, antiparasitic, antifungals, antivirals, antivectors) and therapeutic strategies for safer and sustainable treatments of infectious diseases. To take-up this challenge, the Institut Pasteur strategic plan fosters cutting edge projects to tackle AMR by incorporating clinical and field data within molecular, chemical, genetic and physiological approaches.
This call aims at funding scholarships for Master’s students, hosted by IP research entities working on AMR research.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Applications are open to research entities based at the Institut Pasteur Paris and planning to host an M1 or M2 Master’s student to carry out research work on AMR.
- Research Project must be in line with the IP-AMR strategic area
- The host research entity can only present one application.
- The student must be enrolled in a Master program or equivalent (University, Engineer school, Medical school).
- Length of the fellowship must be within 4 to 6 months
- Funding will start from the 1st January 2021, but students who are starting their internship from December 2020 are eligible
Applications of Master’s students working in two different laboratories in the frame of a collaborative project are welcome and encouraged.
Application will be assessed by an internal committee, based on the following criteria
- Scientific quality of the proposal and its relevance to the AMR field
- Quality of the CV Master ‘s student and its matching with the scientific proposal
FUNDING & DURATION
The amount of the grant is up to €3,600
Duration: 4 to 6 months
The successful candidate will have to
- present a short talk during a dedicated AMR Fellow’s Meeting to be held at IP Paris, in May 2021
- mention on all documents pertaining to his funded internship (report, slides, summary, etc..) the logo of the Institut Pasteur, and acknowledgments to Institut Pasteur for financial support
To apply, complete the application template:
and submit as a single .pdf file named as follow: Applicant’s SURNAME Name_ Lab Head’s SURNAME.pdf (example: SMITH John_Lab CARTER).
Applications should be sent before Friday 11th December 2020 to: email@example.com, specifying the subject as “AMR Call 2021- Master’s students “
- Open date: November 18th, 2020
- Closing: December 11th, 2020
- Results: end-December, 2020
- Start: funding should start between January 1st and July 1st, 2021
For any question about this call, please contact the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org; specifying the subject as “AMR Call 2020- Master’s students “