Motivated by a strong will to offer Institut Pasteur Paris’s (IPP) campus a robust, rich and auspicious technological environment, the Scientific Direction identified 4 Technology-Targeted Actions (ATC), launched in 2021.
Among them, the Drug Discovery & Screening ATC (ATC – DDS) aims to foster multidisciplinary and translational collaborative seed projects between IPP research laboratories and Core Facilities of the ATC to federate all IPP’s workforces around Drug Discovery & Screening.
Through the Trainees Call 2021, the Drug Discovery & Screening ATC – supported by the SPAIS*- aims to foster collaborative research projects between scientists related to the ATC on IPP. The call proposes funding in the form of scholarships for research teams wishing to host a Trainee for the development of an innovative assay for Drug Discovery & Screening.
* SPAIS: means Department for Scientific Programming and Incentive Actions
WHO CAN APPLY?
Applications are open to research entities based on the campus of Institut Pasteur Paris (IPP) and planning to host a Trainee to carry out research projects on Drug Discovery & Screening.
- The host research entity must be on the campus and involved or willing to develop research projects related to Drug Discovery & Screening.
- The host research entity can only present one application.
- The scientific proposal must be related to Drug Discovery & Screening.
- The trainee must be a student enrolled in a Higher Education Institution (BTS, DUT, University L3 and above, Engineer school, Medical school, Chemistry school, Faculty of Pharmaceutical sciences..).
- Candidates of any nationality are eligible to apply.
- The research proposal must be achievable within 3 months.
- Successful fellows should start their work in the host IP entity before September 30th, 2021.
It is highly recommended that researchers from two different entities, a research laboratory and an ATC-DDS Core facility, are implicated in a collaborative project. Applications of students working in two different laboratories are encouraged.
This call does not consider spontaneous applications. Before applying, the candidate must ensure he/she is accepted by a host research entity of IPP.
The Trainees Call 2021 will be evaluated by an IPP internal scientific committee, which will review proposals based on the following criteria:
- Scientific quality of the proposal and its relevance to the Drug Discovery & Screening field
- Quality of the candidate’s CV and its match with the scientific proposal
- Feasibility / risk balance
- Originality and creativity
FUNDING AND DURATION
The amount of the grant is up to €6000 per candidate for a maximum 3-months stay, covering the student’s stipend and the expenses inherent to the student’s work. Only small equipment (< 1.5 K€ HT total) and consumables are allowed. Salaries are not eligible on this call. All awarded funds must be spent before December 15th, 2021.
Duration: up to 3 months
Candidates’ application files should include the Application Form duly completed. This application consists of the following components:
- Applicant and IPP Host research Laboratory information
- Summary of the project proposal and its significance to drug discovery (0.5 page max.)
- Scientific Project (1-2 pages max.)
- Highlighting how the proposal comes within the scope of the ATC -Drug Discovery & Screening and potentiality of the seed project in developing into collaborative projects in the future (1 page max)
- Motivation letter of the Trainee for this proposed research project (1 page max.)
- Updated CV of the student also indicating if applicable the host laboratory’s publications related to project
Completed application form should be submitted in .pdf format and named as follow: Applicant’s SURNAME Name_ Lab Head’s SURNAME.pdf (example: SMITH John_Lab CARTER).
Applications should be sent before Friday September 10th, 2021 (6 pm) to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the subject as “Drug Discovery & Screening Call 2021- Trainees “. We will acknowledge the receipt of all the applications.
Application open date: July 23rd, 2021
Application closing: September 10th, 2021 at 6 pm
Announcement of decision: mid-September 2021
Funding starting date: funding should start before September 30th, 2021
Budget funding deadline: December 15th, 2021
COMMUNICATION AND DIFFUSION
The successful candidate will have to:
- present a short talk during a dedicated Drug Discovery & Screening Fellow’s Meeting to be held at IP Paris, which should be organized between mid-December, 2021 and end of January, 2022.
- mention on all documents pertaining to his funded internship (any type of communication, report, slides, summary, etc..) the logo of the Institut Pasteur, and acknowledgments to ATC Drug Discovery & Screening – Institut Pasteur for financial support
For any question about this call, please contact email@example.com; specifying the subject as “Drug Discovery & Screening Call 2021- Trainees “