INNOVATION Call for Proposal 2021
The “Direction des Applications de la Recherche et des Relations Industrielles” (DARRI) and the institut Carnot Pasteur MS, launch an internal call for proposals to support innovation projects that can show their potential to positively impact healthcare. All domains are concerned, from diagnostic/prognostic to therapies, including research tools, and from vaccines to precision medicine.
The DARRI Innovation Call 2021 aims to start the innovation chain by supporting:
(i) early stage disruptive innovative ideas that could lead to a new product (EMERGENCE PROJECT)
or (ii) maturation studies that are essential for technology transfer (MATURATION PROJECT).
Summary of call specifications:
- Frequency of the call: 1/year
- Duration of the program: From 18 to 24 months
- Eligible costs: Running costs and salary (Employees of Institut Pasteur can be recruited in the context of internal mobility)
- Selection procedure: one-stage : full project
- Allocated Funding 70 k€ max/year = 140 k€ max
- Funding notification: December2021
1-Expected results at the end of the proposed program
For EMERGENCE PROJECT: The call supports the early stages of development of new ideas that could lead to a dominant patent supporting the development of disruptive product for industry with significant social impact including clinical benefits. Demonstration of the innovation added-value compared to on-going/ technologies or setting up of anovelproduct is the major objectiveof the program.
- Data supporting basis of the disruptive innovation
- Demonstrate in a first experimental approach that the proposed innovation has the capacity toaddressan unmet medical/ or technological need, or have high added value related to existing products.
- Novel intellectual property for the Institut Pasteur.
For MATURATION PROJECT: The call supports the development of the proof-of-concept of more mature innovative projects already based on first positive results with the aim, during or by the end of the program, (i) to integrate the accelerator of innovation; (ii) to enter into partnerships with industrial companies or players in public health or (iii) to create a start-up. In some cases, like technological developments, the program can include an industrial partner.
- Set of data in supportof the proof-of-concept
- The program needs to show that it is”product-oriented” and, for each identified bottleneck, a technical solution will be implementable.
- Demonstrate that the innovation has the capacity toaddress unmet medical/ technological needsand to have an added valuecompared to others known technologies.
- Strengthen existing intellectual property.
The call is open to all the Institut Pasteur Paris entities. Template must be fully completed with all required signatures. Please note that DARRI reserves the right to shift from an Emergence program to a Maturation program and conversely. Applicants will be kept informed.
Equipment and salary of PhD students are not eligible for funding. Please note that employees of Institut Pasteur can be recruited in the context of internal mobility. Selected projects will receive up to 70 k€ / year for a duration of 18 to 24 months (=up to 105 k€ to 140 k€ /project) including salary and running costs.
4-Programs selection procedure
The selection is a one-stage procedure: You have to choose between 2 applications forms: Emergence OR Maturation template.
1) Project should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- programs will be analyzed by an ad hoc evaluation committee composed of representatives of Institut Pasteur including Advisory Committee on Innovation (ACI). External industrial experts (1 or 2-under commitment of confidentiality), chosen by DARRI, and will also be part of the evaluation committee.
- during the evaluation period, the evaluation committee reserves the right to ask for some additional information to the applicant. These requests will be sent anonymously.
- The evaluation committee also reserves the rights to ask to applicants topresent their project to the evaluation committee.
3) The final decision of funding will be taken by head of DARRI.
Selection criteria: Projects will be evaluated according to the expected deliverables taking in account scientific excellence and originality.