- Purpose: The Pasteur Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship Programs is dedicated to young American researchers who desire to continue their scientific training and pursue their research interests with a long-term research commitment in a laboratory of the Institut Pasteur (IP) in Paris.
- Interested and qualified applicants are advised to contact the head of an IP laboratory in which they would like to carry out their research. The list of the different IP laboratories, including a description of their research activities, is available at the following web address https://research.pasteur.fr/teams-heads/
- Duration of Fellowship: 3 years in the sponsoring laboratory.
- Amount: Gross salary is approximately 3,750 €/month. Benefits, including national health care and health insurance will cost net monthly 25% of salary. In addition to this stipend, bench fees (around 25,000 euros over three years) are allocated to the host lab in support of the scientific activities of the laureate. Benefits also include subsidized meals at the IP canteen. Please note that the fellowship does not provide travel or moving allowances or financial support for family members.
- Application deadline is: September 10, 2015, 12pm EST.
- Anticipated announcement of decisions: 6-7 weeks after the application deadline, but no later than November 15, 2015.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Applicants for a Pasteur Foundation Fellowship must meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be U. S. citizens at the time of application
- Applicants should have identified their host laboratory on the IP campus in Paris before applying. The Pasteur Foundation program does NOT consider applications without a host lab.
- Candidates should have received their PhD within the last 4 years in order to qualify for a Fellowship
- Applications from Post-doctoral fellows already working or associated with IP or on the Pasteur campus at the time of application will be considered as non-priority compared to newcomers applications.
- The host IP laboratory can only endorse one application per session, and fellowships will not be awarded to the same laboratory in two consecutive calls for candidates.
- The proposed research program must be achievable within the three-year funding.
- Completed Pasteur Foundation Call for application – Application Form
- Presentation letter from the host IP lab head
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s passport or ID (pages showing your photograph, identification and citizenship)
SELECTION PROCESS OF PASTEUR FOUNDATION FELLOWS: A fellowship committee, who will consider both the candidate’s experience and scientific achievements and the novelty and biological significance of the proposed research project, will assess all eligible applications. The needs of the Institut Pasteur, including strategic priorities, will be taken into account in the final decision.
CONTACT: For any other information, please contact: