(INstitut Convergence : Emergence of Pathology Through Individuals and PopulatiONs)
The INCEPTION program, Institut Convergence supported by Investissement Avenir, is launching a call for collaborative, transversal and interdisciplinary projects aimed at understanding the emergence of pathologies through individuals and populations.
250k € maximum for 2 years (human resources/running coasts/equipment).
APPLICATION AND ELIGIBILITY
The call is open to all research units/teams of Institut Pasteur (G5 included) and to all those affiliated to INCEPTION
The projet must meet the following criteria
- Interdisciplinary project on the emergence of pathologies, combining two or more fields from biology, medicine, mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, social sciences …
- The cross-cutting nature must be clearly demonstrated, as well as its added value to answer the questions addressed in the project
- Collaboration between two or more research teams in complementary areas of expertise. One of the research teams leading the project must be affiliated with the Institut Pasteur (Paris). The other research team(s) must be affiliated to INCEPTION (see the list).
- Projects may also include the participation of additional teams not affiliated to INCEPTION. However, the budget allocated by INCEPTION will not cover the expenses of these teams.
Teams newly beneficiaries in 2020 with a PhD grant (D2I call) or a research project grant (P2I call) are not eligible for 2021 calls; A same team cannot benefit in the same year (2021) from a P2I grant and a D2I fellow.
SUBMISSION PROCEDURE – TWO STEPS
- Applicants must send a letter of intent including the title of the project, the teams involved and the principal investigators, a public summary of 200 words, the proposed budget and its overall justification (first page of the full template)
- Applications selected in step 1 will be invited to send a full project (see the template)
Applications (step 1 & 2) should be sent to email@example.com . You will receive an e-mail confirmation within 24h. The applications will be evaluated by the steering committee INCEPTION with the help of international experts, for an implementation on January, 2022.
- Opening date: February 10th, 2021.
- Closing date: Mars 26th, 2021 – 1:00 p.m.
- Opening date: April, 2021
- Closing date: June, 2021
- Selection by the Inception Steering Committee: October 2021
- Funding: January, 2022