(INstitut Convergence : Emergence of Pathology Through Individuals and PopulatiONs)
The INCEPTION program, supported by the call Institut Convergence des Investissements d’Avenir, is launching a call for collaborative, transversal and interdisciplinary projects aimed at understanding the emergence of pathologies through individuals and populations.
250k € maximum for 2 years (human resources/running/equipment).
APPLICATION AND ELIGIBILITY
- Interdisciplinary project on the emergence of pathologies, combining biology, medicine, mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, social sciences …
- The cross-cutting nature must be clearly demonstrated as well as its added value to answer the questions addressed in the project
- Collaboration between two or more units/ research teams in complementary areas of expertise
- One of the teams carrying the project must be affiliated with the Institut Pasteur (Paris); The other team (s) must be affiliated to one of the partners of INCEPTION (Institut Pasteur included)
- Projects may also include the participation of additional, unaffiliated teams in one of the INCEPTION partners. However, the budget allocated by INCEPTION will not cover the expenses of such partners for the implementation of the project.
The call is open to all Institut Pasteur units/teams and partner institutes.
To see partners of INCEPTION: https://research.pasteur.fr/en/program_project/inception/
Applications must include (maximum of 7 pages, including references, Arial font 11, single pdf document):
- A cover page with the title of the project, the teams involved and the principal investigators, a public summary of 200 words, the budget and its justification in the outline (1 page)
- The research project, including objectives, expected results, and the nature of the interdisciplinary collaboration (4 pages maximum)
- Presentation of the teams (1 page maximum)
- The budget request (1 page maximum)
Applications should be sent to Inception-P2Icalls@pasteur.fr. They will be evaluated by the INCEPTION steering committee with the help of international experts, for implementation on January, 1st 2019.
- Call Publication: April 16, 2018
- Closing date: June 15, 2018
- Selection by Inception Steering Committee: October 2018
- Funding starts: January 1, 2019