INCEPTION- PhD student Funding 2018
(INstitut Convergence : Emergence of Pathology Through Individuals and PopulatiONs)
The INCEPTION program, supported by the call Institut Convergence des Investissements d’Avenir, is launching a call for the recruitment of PhD students in transversal and interdisciplinary projects aimed at understanding the emergence of pathologies through individuals and populations.
The selection of projects will be made in two stages and will be based on the following criteria :
• quality and interdisciplinary nature of the project
• scientific excellence of supervisors and host teams
• academic excellence of the student (good basic knowledge in biology, interest in life sciences and medical applications, solid training in the following fields : mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, social sciences)
APPLICATION AND ELIGIBILITY
The selected projects will fall within the main subjects of the INCEPTION program and will have to meet the following criteria:
• Interdisciplinary project on the emergence of pathologies, associating biology, medicine, mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, social sciences …
• the cross-cutting nature must be clearly demonstrated and its added value to answer the questions addressed in the project.
• co-supervision between two teams belonging to complementary fields of competence
• at least one of the project teams must be affiliated with the Institut Pasteur (Paris); The other team (s) must be affiliated to one of the INCEPTION partners (Institut Pasteur included, see website).
1) the research teams must send a single pdf document (download link available by September 15, 2017) before October 16, 2017 to INCEPTION_PHD2018@pasteur.fr including:
• the summary of the file (1 page);
• detailed project (max 4 pages);
• the CVs of the supervisors and presentations of their laboratories (1 page each);
Selected projects will be announced in December 2017.
2) the candidate for the allocation must send a single pdf document by June 01, 2018 to INCEPTION_PHD2018@pasteur.fr including :
• the student CV (1 page) and a letter of motivation (1 page);
• notes and rankings of M1 and M2;
• the opinion of the doctoral school to which the candidate will report for his/her thesis.
Except in special cases, discuss in advance, the candidates will be auditioned by the jury of the doctoral school Frontières du Vivant, partner of the INCEPTION program.
Results will be released after this auditions (Beginning of July 2018).
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
DATES OF THE CALL
• Open date (teams): September 01, 2017
• Closing: October 16, 2017
• Selection by Inception Steering Committee: November 2017
• Open date (students): February 01, 2018
• Closing: June 01, 2018
• Selection by Inception Steering Committee and auditions: June 19, 2018
• Funding start: October 2018
CONTACT : INCEPTION_PHD2018@pasteur.fr