INCEPTION- PhD student Funding 2022 – D2I call
(INstitut Convergence : Emergence of Pathology Through Individuals and PopulatiONs)
The INCEPTION program, Institut Convergence supported by Investissement Avenir, is launching a call for the recruitment of PhD students in transversal, integrative and interdisciplinary projects aimed at understanding the emergence of pathologies in individuals and populations.
The selection of projects will be based on the following criteria :
• quality and interdisciplinarity of the project
• scientific excellence of supervisors and host teams
• academic excellence of the student, interest in life sciences and medical applications, solid training in one the following fields: mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, social sciences
APPLICATION AND ELIGIBILITY
The call is open to all research units/teams of Institut Pasteur (G5 included) and to all those affiliated to INCEPTION
- The selected projects should convene to the main subjects of the INCEPTION program and should meet the following criteria:
- Interdisciplinary project on the emergence of pathologies, associating biology, medicine, mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, social sciences …
- The cross-cutting nature and its added value to respond to questions addressed in the project must be clearly demonstrated.
- Co-supervision between two teams belonging to complementary fields of competence
- At least one reserach team must be affiliated with the Institut Pasteur (Paris); The other research team(s) must beaffiliated to INCEPTION (see the list).
- Registration to the ED FIRE contest, partner of INCEPTION, is recommended but not mandatory. The PhD registration acceptance by one doctoral school will be asked for all the candidates interviewed in June.
Teams newly beneficiaries in 2021 with a PhD grant (D2I call) or a research project grant (P2I call) are not eligible for 2022 D2I call.
The candidate for the fellowship must send a single PDF document before Mars 25th, 2022 – 12:00 p.m. to
email@example.com (template available here) . You will receive an e-mail confirmation within 24h.
Selected candidates and project supervisors will be interviewed by the steering committee of the INCEPTION program. Results will be released after these interviews (July 2022).
DATES OF THE CALL
• Opening: February 11th, 2022
• Closing: Mars 25th, 2022 – 12:00 p.m.
• First selection (short list for the interviews): April 2022
• Interview of selected applicants by Inception Steering Committee: June, 2022
• Results: July 2022
• Funding: October 2022 – September 2025