(EN) Education :
2015 : Tufts University Medford, MA : B.S. in Biology, Magna Cum Laude
Minors in Leadership Studies & Theatre
Research Experience :
2021- Present : Pasteur lnstitute Paris, FR
PPU Doctoral Candidate, Translational lmmunology
Impact of variable immunometabolic pathways on immune responses in health and infection
2020 – 2021 : Gritstone Oncology Cambridge, MA
Associate Scientist, NGS and Molecular Biology
2018-2020 : Gritstone Oncology Cambridge, MA
Senior Research Associate, NGS and Molecular Biology
Translational Immune Sequencing lead for Phase I cancer vaccine trial & academic collaborations
Investigated our neoantigen vaccine’s mechanism of action by correlating T celisequencing of patients’ blood and tumor in cross-functional immune monitoring
- Optimized single-cell & tissue sequencing for diverse clinical samples
- Coded pipeline for multi-modal data integration and curation to enable in-depth analysis (Python)
- Benchmarked deep learning tools to analyze T cell phenotype and TCR evolution (R, Python)
- Training new colleagues & interns on lab and computational analysis protocols
Performed similar TCR analysis for academic collaborations with Columbia, NCI, and University of Chicago
2017-2018 : AstraZeneca Waltham,MA
Scientist, Translational Genomics
Lead investigator of T-cell receptor sequencing for improving Phase II+ immuno-oncology treatment
- Optimized new NGS and RNAseq assays in vitro & in silico and applied to multiple Phase II/ Platform studies
- Interrogated translational data to inform patient selection and combination strategies (R & Bash)
- Applied learnings across other IO biomarker programs (B-cell receptor sequencing)
2015 – 2017 : AstraZeneca Waltham,MA
Rotational Graduate Scientist program
- Rotation A: Translational lmmuno-oncology — began TCRseq project continued as Translational Scientist
- Rotation B: Oncology Translational Science Next Generation Sequencing — supported Phase l -Ill clinical projects by executing NGS pipeline from sample acquisition to sequencing data analysis. Drove validation and implementation of novel sample fingerprinting panel into our clinical sample pipeline
- Rotation C: Oncology Bioscience ln Vivo– characterized resistance mechanisms from small-molecule Phase lIb clinical data via mutant cell line generation and in vitro assays. Conclusions informed Phase Ill patient selection and resulted in resistance reformulation
2014 : Tufts University Medford, MA
Research Assistant with Dr. David Kaplan, Biomedical Engineering
Developed a human lung disease model on a silk-collagen scaffold
- Optimized silk processing. collagen coating. and co-culturing of primary lung cells, successfully seeding them in a 3-D tubular silk scaffold
- Defended resulting mini-thesis to faculty committee, awarded highest honors
2014 : Tufts University Medford, MA
Research Assistant with Dr. Catherine Freudenreich, Molecular Biology
Investigated the effect of DNA post-replication repair protein deletions on Huntington’s CG expansion
2014 : Pfizer lnc. Cambridge, MA
Bioconjugation, Biophysics, and Biochemistry lntern
Skills & Techniques :
NGS & RNAseq (bulk & single-cell)
Clinical nucleic acid extraction
ELISA & Western Blots
Primary human cell culture
Mutant cellline generation
10x Genomics suite
Broad Institute’s IGV
Beckman Coulter Liquid Handlers
Awards & Recognitions
AstraZeneca R&D Innovation Award (2016)- nominated by manager, awarded by committee for research excellence
Honos Civicus Society (2015)- recognized by faculty committee for service throughout Tufts education Dean’s List (2011- 2015)
Girl Scout Gold Award (2011) – planned, organized, and trained other coaches in teaching tennis to teens with special needs during a six-week clinic
Posters & Presentations
Maloney. E: “What T cells can tell us about Lung Cancer Immunotherapy” Precision Lung Cancer Summit, 2020.
Maloney. E: “TCR Biomarkers in Cancer Immunotherapy Development” NextGeneration DX Summit, 2019.
Maloney, E: McGrath, L; Stetson, D; Lubinski, TJ; Kirchner, R; Dougherty, B; Barrett, JC. Using liquid biopsies ta monitor the tumor immune microenvironment in cancer patients with solid malignancies. AstraZeneca-Oxford Symposium, 2018.
Maloney. E: McGrath, L; Stetson, D; Lubinski, TJ; Kirchner, R; Dougherty, B; Barrett, JC. Cap turing T cell receptor clones from circulating free DNA in cancer patients with solid malignancies. AACRAnnual Meeting, 2018.
Maloney E: McGrath, L; Lubinski, TJ; Sail, S; Tron, A; Prickett, L; Stetson, D; Dougherty, B; Barrett, )C. Optimizing T cell receptor repertoire characterization through Next Generation Sequencing. Festival of Genomics, 2017.
Maloney. E.; Nuttall, B.; Stetson, D.; Ahmed, A.; Lubinski, T.; Sa if, S.; Bushoy, A.; Saveliev, V.; johnson,).; Dougherty, B.; Barrett, C. Clinical Sample DNA “Fingerprinting”. Graduate Poster Presentation Session, 2017.
Johnson, M., [et al, including Maloney, E.] First Results of Phase I/ll Studies Evaluating Viral Vector-based Heterologous Prime/Boost Immunotherapy Against Predicted HLA Class I Neoantigens Demonstrate COB T-Cell Responses in Patients with Advanced Cancers. ESMO 10,2019.
Busby J., [et al, including Maloney, E.] Identification and Validation of Shared Neoantigens for Cancer Immunotherapy. SITC, 2019.
Jalloh A., [et al, including Maloney, E.] “Efficient Identification of T Cell Receptors against Shared Neoantigens” PEGS Europe, 2019.
Palmer C.D., [et al. including Maloney, E.]”Identification of pre-existing neoantigen-specific T cells in patients receiving checkpoint inhibitor therapy using a deep learning antigen prediction model” AACR An nuai Meeting, 2019.
McGrath L., [et al. including Maloney, E.] “Intratumoral T cell receptor b repertoire as a biormarker in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma” AACR Conference on Tumor Irnmunology & Irnmunotherapy, 2018.
Frigault. MM, [et al. including Maloney, E.] “Response to Savolitinib in papillary renal ceil carcinoma patient harboring a novel MET activating mutation” ESMO, 2016.
Barry, E., [et al. including Maloney, E.] “Targeting MET Exon 14 mutations with the selective small molecule inhibitor Savolitinib” AACR, 2016.
Leadership & Service :
2020- Present : Scientists in Solidarity Boston, MA
2020- 2021 : Science Club for Girls Cambridge, MA
2016-2019 : Big Brothers Big Sisters Waltham, MA
2016-2018 : AstraZeneca Network of Women Waltham, MA
Collaborations Chair, Board Member
2016-2017 : AstraZeneca Early Talent Waltham, MA
2015 : Museum of Science Boston, MA
Lab Interpretation lntern
2012-2015 : Girl Scouts of the Leonard Carmichael Society, Tufts University Medford, MA
Co-Founder, President, Troop Leader