Two CNRS postdoctoral positions in the “Integrative structural biology of dynamic systems” group headed by Dr. Max Bonomi are available for 1 year, renewable for up to a total of 3 years. The positions are funded by the ERC Consolidator Grant 2022 “bAIes”. The group is part of the CNRS UMR3528 and the Department of Structural Biology and Chemistry at Institut Pasteur (Paris, France).
Our group works on the development and application of integrative computational and experimental approaches to characterize structure and dynamics of complex biological systems. This project will focus on the development of a novel modelling approach to integrate state-of-the-art experimental structural biology techniques with molecular dynamics (MD) simulations and Artificial Intelligence (AI). Applications using cryo-electron microscopy and tomography data are also a fundamental part of this project. The two postdocs will be part of a collaborative team that will work in close contacts with experimental groups at Institut Pasteur.
We are seeking candidates with a PhD degree in computational biology, chemistry or physics:
- Solid background in statistical mechanics is essential;
- Experience with MD simulations is essential;
- Ability to collaboratively work in a team is essential;
- Programming skills in C++ are a plus;
- Experience with training and applying ML/DL methods is a plus.
We strongly encourage applications from persons with backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in the field.
For inquiries, please contact Dr. Max Bonomi (email@example.com). How to apply: Please apply on the CNRS website here. A CV and a letter of motivation with contact information for two references will be asked.
Deadline for application: May 26th 2023.
Additional practical information:
- The starting date is flexible between September 2023 and January 2024
- Duration of the contract is 1 year, renewable for up to 3 years in total
- The monthly gross salary ranges from 2889€ to 4082€ depending on experience