The Biological NMR and HDX-MS platform (BioNMR-HDX) at the Institut Pasteur in Paris is looking for a talented research engineer to reinforce its activity in Hydrogen/Deuterium exchange – Mass Spectrometry (HDX-MS). Bio-NMR-HDX is part of the Center for Technological Resources and Research (C2RT) and is affiliated to the Department of Structural Biology and Chemistry. Our mission in HDX-MS is to provide full support to Institut Pasteur research teams mainly through collaborative projects and to develop the HDX-MS technology in order to address present and future technological needs and challenges. Most of our HDX-MS projects focus on soluble, membrane-associated or integral membrane proteins that are either involved in infectious diseases (such as bacterial toxins), antibiotic resistance or considered as potential drug targets (https://research.pasteur.fr/en/team/biological-nmr-and-hdx-ms-technological-platform/).
Under the supervision of the HDX-MS manager and the BioNMR-HDX platform head, the selected candidate will participate in collaborative HDX-MS projects on challenging biological systems with a wide range of Institut Pasteur research teams, as well as with external academic teams and/or pharmaceutical companies. We therefore expect the candidate to have both the ability and the desire to work in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary and stimulating scientific environment.
Your missions will include to:
- Conduct HDX-MS experiments from sample preparation to data acquisition, analysis and interpretation
- Write research reports and present results to collaborators
- Participate in the writing of research articles
- Present results in seminars, conferences etc …
- Provide collaborators technical expertise in HDX-MS
- Provide training on HDX-MS (PhD students, post-docs, …)
- Assist in instrumentations maintenance (LC-MS system, HDX robot etc …)
Prior expertise in HDX is not mandatory to be eligible. The selected candidate will benefit from a training on the HDX technology. However, applicants must absolutely have:
- An engineer degree or a PhD degree in analytical chemistry, chemical biology, biochemistry or related fields
- Prior experience in mass spectrometry and more particularly on a LC-MS system
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. The candidate should be able to handle several projects in parallel and to respect deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. English is the working language at Institut Pasteur so good command of English is expected
Hands on skills and knowledge in one or more of the following areas will be considered an advantage:
- Prior experience in hydrogen/deuterium exchange or in other structural proteomics approaches (native MS, ion mobility, cross-linking, etc…)
- Experience in the statistical analysis and validation of MS datasets
- Experience with the structural analysis of membrane proteins and/or amphitropic proteins either solubilized in detergent micelles, in lamellar vesicles or in more complex systems
How to apply
Applications should be sent to Iñaki Guijarro (firstname.lastname@example.org), Hélène Reynier Légeron (email@example.com) and Sébastien Brier (firstname.lastname@example.org) under reference 2022-7552 and should contain a motivation letter, a full CV and the names and contact information of referent scientists.