The Institut Carnot Pasteur Microbes & Health (Pasteur Microbes & Santé, Pasteur MS), alongside the Technology Transfer and Entrepreneurship Office (STTE-DARRI), is launching a call for proposals to support entrepreneurship toward start-up creation.
AIM OF THE CALL
To support start-up creation, by providing funding to hire a business profile, showing skills and qualifications needed for the transition of matured and innovative product/ technology toward start-up creation.
SCOPE OF THE CALL
The call aims at supporting business development of a commercially viable product /technology related to bioengineering, biosciences, and biomedicine, including: diagnostic and therapeutic tools, vaccines and software projects, which can be translated into health improvement.
Carnot Pasteur MS Seed Grant is up to 160k€ for 2 years
Funding is fully dedicated to human resources: it will pay for a business-oriented profile committed to business start up development, from business plan to public as well as private fundraising (BPI, ILab award, business angels, venture capital etc….)
The entrepreneur will work in close collaboration with the Principal Investigator leading the scientific project and the Tech Transfer Office (STTE-DARRI).
PROPOSALS NEED TO
- Show mature and innovative Product/Technology, with proof of concept and/or prototype done/developed
- Target applications, addressing medical/technology need
- Show an added value compared to the competition field
- Address a clear market
WHO CAN APPLY?
Applications are open to all scientists working in the frame of the Carnot Pasteur MS and who are considering setting up a business.
Start-up project needs to emerge from laboratories in the frame of Pasteur MS. To see Pasteur MS research Units : https://research.pasteur.fr/en/program_project/ms-carnot/
TWO STAGES APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Applicants should complete a 2/3 pages pre-proposal and send it to email@example.com where it will be considered internally
- Proposals must be written in English
- Following this 1st selection stage, shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit a full application
To donwload the pre-proposal template:
FULL PROPOSAL ASSESSMENT
- Full proposals will be sent out for peer review
- Full stage applicants will be invited to interview Mid June 2018.
- Open date: 1st March 2018
- Pre-proposal closing: 1st April 2018
- Full proposal open date: 15 April 2018
- Closing: 15 June 2018
- Shortlisting/Meeting-Interview: Mid June 2018
- Results: 10 July 2018
- Funding start: 1st September 2018
ABOUT PASTEUR MS