The National Collection of Cultures of Microorganisms (CNCM) is an International Depositary Authority (IDA) under the Budapest Treaty (TB) for the purposes of national and international patent procedures. Being the only biobank in France authorized for patents, the CNCM accepts bacteria, filamentous fungi, yeasts, viruses and animal and human cell lines. Microorganisms are accepted regardless of whether they are genetically modified or not. The provision of biological material stored at the CNCM is governed by the TB implementing regulations.
The CNCM is part of the Institut Pasteur Biological Resources Center (CRBIP) which constitutes a solid infrastructure – scientifically and operationally – for microbial and clinical biobanks. It promotes harmonization between CRBIP entities of technologically advanced solutions, taxonomic research and biological samples, leveraging collaboration with internal analysis and data platforms and implementing a solid and harmonised quality management system (QMS).
- Responsible for the development and validation of technical procedures (particularly in cell biology) and coordination of daily work in the biobank laboratories.
- Referent for the quality of biobank operations.
Your activities will be:
- Carry out handling operations, quality control, and cryopreservation of microorganisms and cell lines.
- Design and write operating procedures.
- Be responsible for the organization of the laboratory and the cryopreservation rooms.
- Ensure the implementation of storage activities, i.e. inventory management, quality control of incoming samples, recording of all sample movements in BIMS (Biobank management system), management of storage devices and the robustness of the alarm system(s), in coordination with the support services of the Biological Resources Center of the Pasteur Institute (CRBIP).
- Ensure the qualification and periodic maintenance of laboratory equipment and software, according to CRBIP specifications.
- Act as a quality correspondent in all aspects of the QMS (Quality Management System).
- Implement and monitor corrective actions, in collaboration with the CRBIP quality manager.
- Collaborate with the Health and Safety correspondent of the CNCM to ensure that relevant elements are correctly included in the quality management system.
- Assist the Head of the CNCM in the preparation of regulatory submissions.
- Maintain impartiality in all operations and interpretations of results.
Graduated with a bac+5 in biology and more particularly in microbiology, (to have at least 3 years of professional experience in a similar position).
- Knowledge of cell biology and microbiology.
- Experience working in BSL1 and BSL2+ laboratories. Knowledge of BSL3 laboratory work is desired, but not essential.
- Knowledge of the quality management system and knowing how to ensure procedures as part of a quality approach.
- Knowledge of ethical principles and related regulations in the field of hygiene and biological safety.
- Experience in the methods and technologies of the field.
- Know how to write procedures and technical reports.
- Must speak and write French and English fluently.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and general office software (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Spirit of initiative
- Rigor at work
- Sense of responsibility
- Sense of human relations
- Know how to work in a team
- Sense of organization
- Sense of confidentiality
Interested people send your CV and a motivation letter to: Dr. Raquel Hurtado Ortiz (email@example.com)