The successful candidate will join the Systems Biology group, which develops and applies computational models for the understanding and treatment of complex disease on the basis of heterogeneous genome-scale data sets. The highly international and interdisciplinary environment of the Systems Biology Lab and Institut Pasteur is conducive for developing a large spectrum of skills at the interface between data-driven computational biology and biomedical applications.
The HERCULES project
…brings together ten research groups and one company from eight different organizations across Europe with expertise in first-hand clinical care of ovarian cancer patients, tumor cell biology, systems medicine, drug response modeling, single-cell sequencing methodologies, biological network modeling, and development of diagnostic systems for clinical use. Bioinformatics and data analysis are an integral part of the project, and the close integration with experimental, biological, and clinical partners fosters the discovery and validation of biomedically relevant results.
Our projects involve
- understanding the biological and clinical datasets and underlying questions,
- defining the most appropriate statistical data analysis approaches,
- carrying out statistical analyses of high-throughput data (drug effects, network modeling, etc.),
- communicating the results in meetings, scientific seminars, conferences and articles.
The development of innovative data analysis methodology will be encouraged.
Our projects require
- A recent PhD in a quantitative science,
- basic knowledge of molecular biology (basic cancer biology being a plus),
- training in multidimensional data analysis
(e.g., exploratory data analysis, automated classification methods),
- experience in scientific programming,
- first-author publications in international peer-reviewed journals,
- excellent communication skills, team spirit, and the capacity to work autonomously and deliver results on time.
We evaluate applications as they come in, and offer an initial position for 18 months.
Candidates should send
- one or two publications likely to be most pertinent for this application,
- a brief statement of the motivation to apply.
Benno Schwikowski (firstname.lastname@example.org)