- Purpose: The Pasteur Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship Programs is dedicated to young American researchers who desire to continue their scientific training and pursue their research interests with a long-term research commitment in a laboratory of the Institut Pasteur (IP) in Paris.
- Interested and qualified applicants are advised to contact the head of an IP laboratory in which they would like to carry out their research. The list of the different IP laboratories, including a description of their research activities, is available at the following web address https://research.pasteur.fr/en/
- Duration of Fellowship: 3 years in the sponsoring laboratory.
- Amount: Fellowship net income is 2,850 €/month. It corresponds to a gross salary of around 3,750 €/month,the difference is for covering social benefits (national health care, health insurance, retirement and unemployment).
- Application deadline is: September 12, 2017 (12 pm EST).
- Anticipated announcement of decisions: early November 2017.
Applicants for a Pasteur Foundation Fellowship must meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be US. citizens at the time of application
- Applicants should have identified their host laboratory on the IP campus in Paris before applying. The Pasteur Foundation program does not consider applications without a host lab.
- Candidates must have completed their PhD prior to taken up the postdoctoral award. Applications submitted prior to the defense of the PhD research will be considered. In general, fellows should have received their PhD within the last 4 years in order to qualify for a Fellowship
- Applications from Post-doctoral fellows already working or associated with IP or on the Pasteur campus at the time of application will be considered as non-priority compared to newcomers’applications.
- The host IP laboratory can only endorse one application per session, and fellowships will not be awarded to the same laboratory in two consecutive calls for candidates.
- The proposed research program must be achievable within the three-year funding.
The documents listed below should be e-mailed in one single PDF file to email@example.com
- Completed Pasteur Foundation Application Form
- Presentation letter from the host IP lab head
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s passport or ID (pages showing your photograph, identification and citizenship)
TO BE PROVIDED SEPARATELY: Two reference letters sent directly from recommenders to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline September 12, 2017 (12 pm EST).
SELECTION PROCESS OF PASTEUR FOUNDATION FELLOWS
A fellowship committee, who will consider both the candidate’s experience and scientific achievements and the novelty and biological significance of the proposed research project, will assess all eligible applications. The needs of the Institut Pasteur, including strategic priorities, will be taken into account in the final decision.
For any other information, please contact:
Nathalie de Parseval, PhD
Secrétariat Général Scientifique