Call for application as staff scientist at Institut Pasteur
Deadline for the application: 9 January 2023 at 5 :00 pm
Prerequisites / recommendations
- To have defended his/her PhD thesis before submitting the application
- To have identified a research structure and obtained the written agreement/support of the PI. It is also important to have already started collaborating with the PI/staff members of the structure as evidenced by one original publication/preprint and/or participation to a successfull grant/fellowship application. If the continuity of the initial host structure is note secured beyond 2 years (end of mandate, retirement of the PI, …), the candidate must also have identified a subsequent host structure and the written agreement of its PI.
- For engineers willing to join the “Researcher” track, to have at least 5 years of seniority in the “Research Engineering” track.
It is recommended to consult the list of criteria developed by committee in charge of the evaluation process called “COMESP” (for “Comité d’Evaluation des activités Scientifiques des Personnels”)
Constitution of the file (in French or in English)
Please read and follow the instructions carefully (including the updated templates and the naming of the files). Only full applications will be processed
The full application includes the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae according to the template provided (LASTNAME_CV2023.pdf)
- Functional organization chart of the host laboratory
- Project abstract (15-20 lines) including a title and 5 keywords
- Summary statement of scientific achievements and project (max 6 pages)
- List of publications, patents/softwares:
– listed according to the different periods (M2, PhD, postdoc1, postdoc2,…)
– using the NIH style (all authors listed with your name in bold and that of the mentor/PI underlined, title of article, journal, year, volume, pages, PMID) with the HAL-Pasteur number for those published since affiliated to Institut Pasteur
– divided in research articles, preprints (e.g. BioRXiv), patents, reviews, book chapters.
- The reading grid completed with your short CV (LASTNAME_Grid2023.docx)
Submission of the application no later than 9 January 2023 at 5 :00 pm
- Send by email at firstname.lastname@example.org the following 3 files:
– The full report combining documents 1 to 5 (in that order) into a single document (LASTNAME_report2023.pdf)
– The curriculum vitae (LASTNAME_CV2023.pdf)
– The reading grid only in word version (LASTNAME_Grid2023.docx)
- Drop or send by internal mail to the Scientific Careers and Assessment Department (DCES) one printed copy of the full report (corresponding to file LASTNAME_report2023.pdf, simply stapled and not bound)
- Give the full report to your PI (printed or electronic version depending on what he/she prefers)
- Request letters of support/recommendation from a maximum of 3 scientists (in addition to the PI). These letters should be sent to email@example.com as pdf file and labeled with their lastname and yours
9 January 2023: Deadline for submission of the application
7 March 2023: Pre-selection of applications by the ad’hoc committee. Candidates will be informed by the DCES of the outcome of their application (selected for hearing or not)
12 & 13 April 2023: Plenary session of the COMESP with hearings of the shortlisted candidates and ranking. Candidates will be informed by the DCES of the ranking of their application by the COMESP and the subsequent recommendations to the Management.
May – June 2023: Interviews with the CEO, The Scientific Director, the Director of Scientific Careers and Assessment Department, and decisions.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Sylvie Chaput
Scientific Careers and Assessment Department
28, rue du Dr Roux, 75724 PARIS CEDEX 15
Phone : +33 (0)1 45 68 88 15