The successful candidate will work in the Systems Biology group, which develops and applies computational models for the understanding and therapy of complex disease on the basis of heterogeneous genome-scale data sets. The highly international and interdisciplinary environment of the Systems Biology group and Institut Pasteur is conducive for developing a large spectrum of skills at the interface between data-driven computational biology and biomedical applications.
The NECESSITY project is a pan-European Innovative Medicines Initiative project by public and private researchers and clinicians to identify therapeutic options for Primary Sjögren’s Syndrome, one of the more prevalent systemic autoimmune disorders. The data-driven approach taken by NECESSITY is the definition of blood- and tissue-based biomarkers that stratify patients into subgroups that correspond to different pathological processes, and thus correspond to different potential drugs. Bioinformatics, data analysis, and validation of the resulting subgroups in a clinical trial are at the core of the project.
The candidate will
- understand the biological and clinical datasets and questions,
- define the most appropriate statistical data analysis approaches,
- carry out statistical analyses of high-throughput data,
- communicate the results in meetings, scientific seminars, conferences and articles.
- a recent PhD in a systems biology-relevant discipline,
- a good theoretical basis in multidimensional data analysis (exploratory data analysis, machine learning),
- documented scientific programming experience,
- practical experience with statistical high-throughput data analysis,
- a strong interest in molecular and autoimmune biology,
- excellent communication skills, team spirit, and
- the capacity to work autonomously and deliver results on time.
We offer an initial 18-month contract.
Candidates should send
- one or two publications likely to be most pertinent for this application,
- a brief statement of their motivation to apply.
Contact: Benno Schwikowski (firstname.lastname@example.org)