DIM ELICIT (Empowering Life Sciences with Innovative Technologies), coordinated by the Institut Pasteur and the Pierre-Gilles-de-Gennes Institute for microfluidic (IPGG), is one of 13 research fields of major interest (DIMs) with high potential identified by the Région Ile-de-France for the period 2017-2021.
The aim of DIM ELICIT is to support the use and development of innovative technologies for research in life sciences in the Région Ile-de-France. The program covers three core technologies (microfluidics, biophotonics and waves, and image analysis) and has four end-user applications (single cell/single molecule, organs-on-a-chips, Technologies for in vivo biology on animals models, High Tech – Low Cost technologies).
The DIM ELICIT supports the first applications of new technologies or innovative instruments for biology, or the implementation of disruptive technologies in biology. The disruptiveness criteria is assessed regarding their impact and transformative nature.
The DIM ELICIT has the pleasure to announce the opening of the two calls of 2021:
- Call Postdoc/Engineer Allocation : the DIM ELICIT will fund a post-doctoral allocation (65-70k€) OR an engineer salary (65-70k€)
All details on the DIM ELICIT website: https://dim-elicit.fr/en/call/call-for-projects-2021-postdoc-engineer-allocation/
- Call Equipment subvention: the DIM ELICIT will fund for each project equipment (66% max of total cost without VAT) with a maximal participation of 200k€ from DIM ELICIT.
All details on the DIM ELICIT website : https://dim-elicit.fr/en/call/call-for-projects-2021-equipment-subvention/
Exceptionally this year, Postdoc/Engineer allocation and Equipment funding will be evaluated independently, and the research project have to be link with one of these three categories:
– Co-development of innovative technologies & methods. The aim of this type of project is to support the establishment of innovative/disruptive technologies which will benefit the Life Science community.
– Dissemination of Innovative Technologies for Life Sciences. The aim of this type of project is to support the establishment of competitive technology platforms and to introduce relevant prototypes in biological research environments.
– Prematuration project of innovative technologies for life sciences. The goal is to support pre-maturation of projects aiming at the creation of technology start-ups.
For each project category, details of the eligibility criteria are provided in the application form.
Prematuration Projects will be given priority.