A project manager position is immediately available in the Laboratory of Innovation in Hearing Therapies headed by Professor Christine Petit at the Hearing Institute, an Institut Pasteur center, in Paris (France).
The laboratory develops a translational research study on diagnosis and treatment. As part of this innovative multidisciplinary and multi-institutional/industrial collaborative project, we are looking for an Expert Researcher with a record in project management and a background in inflammation and immunology.
- Full time job
- 24 months (renewable)
The Hearing Institute
The Hearing Institute is an interdisciplinary fundamental and medical research center with the objective of promoting integrative approaches to basic auditory neuroscience, and developing innovative diagnostic tools, and preventive and curative treatments for hearing disabilities. The Hearing Institute brings together world-class researchers from various fields, including neurophysiology, computational neuroscience, auditory cognition, genetics and genomics, cell biology and gene therapy. The Hearing Institute is located in the center of Paris and includes a research center for innovation in human audiology, facilitating an efficient transfer of research advances to patients. The Hearing Institute provides an ideal framework for young scientists and for their training, with many fruitful collaborations between teams.
You report to the Director of the Unit and work within a team of a dozen people.
As a project manager you support the development of the project, ensure the follow-up, and ensure compliance with the deliverables. You supervise activities implementation by your collaborators and ensure the follow-up. As project manager you ensure that all relevant functions are involved and collaborate at different stages of the project to ensure that objectives are achieved. You coordinate and facilitate smooth collaboration between stakeholders (on-site and remote), so that project objectives are delivered on time, on budget and in compliance with contractual standards. In addition, you regularly provide information and updates on the progress of project to your management and collaborators. You are actively involved in the interaction with the administrative departments of the Institut Pasteur which contribute to the project (Research Applications and Industrial Relations Department, Legal Department, Center for Translational Research – Clinical Coordination, etc.).
Management of the scientific translational project and coordination of its implementation. Setting of individual and collective objectives and implementation of interactions between the various people working on the project (Researchers, Engineers and Clinical Research Associates).
- Development of the project work plan and necessary follow-ups to monitor the milestones.
- Responsibility for monitoring deliverables, ensuring compliance with the corresponding agenda.
- Allocation of internal resources.
- Coordination of internal groups (Hearing Institute and Pasteur Institute) activities and external groups (clinical sites) activities.
- Identification of obstacles that could lead to delays in the delivery of the project and implementation, if necessary, of mitigation plans to overcome them.
- Preparation of monthly reports on the progress of the project.
- Scientific support as expert researcher (literature monitoring, data analysis), technical support (murine model development), logistical support (study materials)
A PhD. in the field of biology, you have record in project management, and developed taste for collaborative work.
Designer Level animal experimentation certification (Level 1)
You have a strong interest in new technologies and innovation.
You have a background in inflammation and immunology
You have a good theoretical and experimental knowledge in proteomic.
Prior experience in the field of audition is a plus
General skills :
– Good French/English communication (French B2 – Operational at least)
– Ability to synthesize key information.
– Ability to work in interaction with various partners.
– Team spirit, positive and proactive attitude.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org