Pasteur-Roux, -Cantarini Postdoctoral Fellowships
2016 Fall Session_Application Guidelines
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini programme supports two-year research contracts as part of the Emile Roux funds (Pasteur-Roux fellowships) and Mrs. Paola Marchetti-Cantarini’s legacy in memory of her late husband Mr. Manlio Cantarini (Pasteur-Cantarini fellowships).
These fellowships are dedicated to postdoctoral researchers aiming to conduct research projects in Institut Pasteur laboratories.
- Fellowships are for two years and cannot be prolonged.
- Funding is paid as a salary and covers health insurance and retirement.
- Application deadline: September 14, 2016 (6:00 PM)
- Anticipated announcement of decisions: 5-6 weeks after the application deadline
- For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini fellowships are only tenable in Institut Pasteur laboratories located on the Paris Campus.
- The host laboratory can only present one application per session.
- Fellows of any nationality are eligible to apply.
- Postdocs already present on the Institut Pasteur Campus are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have completed a doctoral degree within less than 6 years at the time of application or will do so prior to commencing fellowship. The eligibility period is extended to 7 years after the thesis defense in case of one pregnancy, and to up of 8 years in case of two maternity leaves.
- Unsuccessful applicants to a previous Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini Fellowship call are eligible to re-apply.
- Successful fellows of the Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini program must start their work in the host Pasteur laboratory within 8 months after notification of the award. Regarding the present 2016 fall call, the appointment start date must be between October 2016 and May 2017.
- The proposed research program must be achievable within the two-year funding.
- Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini Fellowships cannot be used to complement other sources of funding.
- The Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini program does not consider spontaneous applications. Before applying, the candidate must ensure he/she is accepted by a host laboratory of the Institut Pasteur in Paris.
- Applications from former Institut Pasteur PhD students will not be considered, except if a first post-doctoral training has been performed in another research institution.
- A Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini Fellowship will not be awarded to the same host laboratory in two consecutive calls.
Applications should be sent before September 14, 2016 (6:00 PM), to email@example.com, as a single PDF file that contains:
- Completed PasteurRouxCantarini_Application Form Fall 2016
- Presentation letter from the host IP lab head
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s passport or ID (pages showing your photograph and your identification)
TO BE PROVIDED SEPARATELY:
Up to three reference letters sent directly from recommenders to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 14, 2016 (6:00 PM). Please read the instructions given in paragraph 9 of the Application Form
SELECTION PROCESS OF PASTEUR-ROUX-CANTARINI FELLOWS
A fellowship committee, who will consider both the candidate’s experience and scientific achievements and the novelty and biological significance of the proposed research project, will assess all eligible applications. The needs of the Institut Pasteur, including strategic priorities will be also taken into account in the final decision.