Désolé, cet article est seulement disponible en Anglais Américain.
Sven Van Teeffelen
Responsable de Structure
Institut Carnot Pasteur MI
L’Institut Carnot « Pasteur Maladies Infectieuses » (Pasteur MI) regroupe un ensemble constitué de 6 départements thématiques de l’Institut Pasteur (virologie, microbiologie, parasites et insectes vecteurs, mycologie, infection et épidémiologie, biologie cellulaire et infection), […]
ERC-2015-StG Regulation of cell size and shape in bacteria
Our lab has received an ERC starting grant to investigate cell-size and shape regulation in bacteria. The grant will support our major research topic. See the other projects for more details.
Regulation of cell volume and single-cell physiology
Bacterial physiology has traditionally been studied on the population level. However, novel single-cell experiments reveal that there is significant cell-to-cell variation in quantities like growth rate, gene expression, intracellular metabolite concentrations, energy levels, etc., […]
Etudiant en thèsePost-doc
PhD and Postdoc positions in quantitative biology/biophysics
Topic: Morphogenesis and single-cell physiology in bacteriaWe are looking for highly motivated PhD and postdoctoral candidates with a background in quantitative biology, physics, or engineering to work on cell-size regulation in bacteria. Depending on […]
Master projects on cellular biophysics and physiology in bacteria
Update January 2016: All slots for master projects in the spring/summer 2016 are taken. Don’t hesitate to contact us for projects starting in August 2016 or later. We offer several projects intended for M1 and M2 students in physics, biology, […]
- 2014Getting into shape: How do rod-like bacteria control their geometry? - Systems and synthetic biology
- 2013Vacancy diffusion in colloidal crystals as determined by dynamical density-functional theory and the phase-field-crystal model - Physical review. E, Statistical, nonlinear, and soft matter physics
- 2012Image analysis in fluorescence microscopy: bacterial dynamics as a case study - BioEssays : news and reviews in molecular, cellular and developmental biology
- 2011Rotate into shape: MreB and bacterial morphogenesis - The EMBO journal
- 2011The bacterial actin MreB rotates, and rotation depends on cell-wall assembly - Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America
- 2010Caulobacter chromosome segregation is an ordered multistep process - Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America
- 2009Dynamics of a microorganism moving by chemotaxis in its own secretion - Physical review. E, Statistical, nonlinear, and soft matter physics
- 2009Derivation of the phase-field-crystal model for colloidal solidification - Physical review. E, Statistical, nonlinear, and soft matter physics
- 2008Dynamics of a Brownian circle swimmer - Physical review. E, Statistical, nonlinear, and soft matter physics
- 2008Colloidal crystal growth at externally imposed nucleation clusters - Physical review letters
- +Voir la liste complète de publications
October 19 2015 – Sven receives an Emergences grant from the City of Paris.
October 12 2015 – After an excursion to the iGEM competition Antoine returns for his PhD under joint supervision in the Synthetic biology lab and in our lab. Welcome back!
October 9 2015 – Sven receives ERC starting grant!
October 1 2015 – Together with Paolo Pierobon, Jeanette Nguyen, and Chiara Fracassi, Sven teaches a course on the Dynamics of Living Systems within the Master program of the Centre de Recherche Interdisciplinaire.
25-28 Rue du Docteur Roux