Désolé, cet article est seulement disponible en Anglais Américain.
Cliquez pour voir le graph
Cliquez pour voir la ligne de temps
Ligne de temps
2013-2016: PhD student at the University of Dundee. Ph.D project: Antigenic variation and monoallelic VSG expression in Trypanosoma brucei.
2012-2013: MRC funded PhD student at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK. *In 2013 the Horn lab moved to the University of Dundee, Scotland.
2007-2012: 1st Class MSci (Hons) Parasitology, University of Glasgow. Including 1 year in Prof. David Horn’s Laboratory at LSHTM.
Teaching / training
• Biology of Parasitism, Teaching assistant, Woods Hole Massachusetts, USA, August 2016. I assisted in running the Biology of Parasitism module where I was required to supervise both PhD students and Post-docs in trypanosome manipulation and molecular biology techniques. I also trained students in bioinformatics, including mapping Illumina sequencing data using my bespoke scripts and quantitative image analysis.
• Recombinant DNA Techniques & Advanced Practical Training in Molecular Biology courses, London School of Hygiene and Tropical medicine, 2012. I assisted in the running of two Masters Degree modules where I was required to supervise groups of Masters degree students and demonstrate molecular biology techniques such as PCR and molecular cloning.
• I have also trained several post-doctoral staff members in use of the UNIX command line and Illumina sequencing data analysis at the University of Dundee.
• British Society for Parasitology, České Budějovice, Czech Republic: 2016 – Poster
• Kinetoplastid Molecular Cell Biology Conference, Woods Hole, MA, USA: 2015 – Poster
• British Society for Parasitology, Cambridge, UK: 2014 – Poster
• Kinetoplastid Molecular Cell Biology Conference, Woods Hole, MA, USA: 2013 – Talk
• Kinetoplastid Molecular Cell Biology Conference, Woods Hole, MA, USA: 2011 – Poster
2015 – Travel award from University of Dundee to attend the Kinetoplastid Molecular Cell Biology Conference in Woods Hole, MA, USA.
2011 – Pfizer prize for best MSci work placement year.
2008 – Dean’s prize for students with highest marks, prize included two weeks of lab experience with Prof. Jeremy Mottram.
2021The MRN complex promotes DNA repair by homologous recombination and restrains antigenic variation in African trypanosomes., Nucleic Acids Res 2021 Jan; (): .
2019Monoallelic expression and epigenetic inheritance sustained by a Trypanosoma brucei variant surface glycoprotein exclusion complex, Nat Commun 2019 07;10(1):3023.
2018Biallelic Mutations in LRRC56, Encoding a Protein Associated with Intraflagellar Transport, Cause Mucociliary Clearance and Laterality Defects, Am. J. Hum. Genet. 2018 Nov;103(5):727-739.
2018Host-parasite co-metabolic activation of antitrypanosomal aminomethyl-benzoxaboroles., PLoS Pathog. 2018 Feb 9;14(2):e1006850..
2017Flagellar incorporation of proteins follows at least two different routes in trypanosomes, Biol. Cell 2018 110(2):33-47.
2016High-resolution analysis of multi-copy variant surface glycoprotein gene expression sites in African trypanosomes, BMC Genomics 2016 Oct;17(1):806.
2016VEX1 controls the allelic exclusion required for antigenic variation in trypanosomes, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2016 Jun;113(26):7225-30.
2015Vacuolar ATPase depletion affects mitochondrial ATPase function, kinetoplast dependency, and drug sensitivity in trypanosomes, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2015 Jul;112(29):9112-7.
2014Genome-scale RNAi screens for high-throughput phenotyping in bloodstream-form African trypanosomes, Nat Protoc 2015 Jan;10(1):106-33.
2013Antigenic variation in African trypanosomes: the importance of chromosomal and nuclear context in VSG expression control, Cell. Microbiol. 2013 Dec;15(12):1984-93.
+Voir la liste complète de publications