Désolé, cet article est seulement disponible en Anglais Américain.
Cliquez pour voir le graph
Cliquez pour voir la ligne de temps
Ligne de temps
2013-2016: PhD student at the University of Dundee. Ph.D project: Antigenic variation and monoallelic VSG expression in Trypanosoma brucei.
2012-2013: MRC funded PhD student at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK. *In 2013 the Horn lab moved to the University of Dundee, Scotland.
2007-2012: 1st Class MSci (Hons) Parasitology, University of Glasgow. Including 1 year in Prof. David Horn’s Laboratory at LSHTM.
Teaching / training
• Biology of Parasitism, Teaching assistant, Woods Hole Massachusetts, USA, August 2016. I assisted in running the Biology of Parasitism module where I was required to supervise both PhD students and Post-docs in trypanosome manipulation and molecular biology techniques. I also trained students in bioinformatics, including mapping Illumina sequencing data using my bespoke scripts and quantitative image analysis.
• Recombinant DNA Techniques & Advanced Practical Training in Molecular Biology courses, London School of Hygiene and Tropical medicine, 2012. I assisted in the running of two Masters Degree modules where I was required to supervise groups of Masters degree students and demonstrate molecular biology techniques such as PCR and molecular cloning.
• I have also trained several post-doctoral staff members in use of the UNIX command line and Illumina sequencing data analysis at the University of Dundee.
• British Society for Parasitology, České Budějovice, Czech Republic: 2016 – Poster
• Kinetoplastid Molecular Cell Biology Conference, Woods Hole, MA, USA: 2015 – Poster
• British Society for Parasitology, Cambridge, UK: 2014 – Poster
• Kinetoplastid Molecular Cell Biology Conference, Woods Hole, MA, USA: 2013 – Talk
• Kinetoplastid Molecular Cell Biology Conference, Woods Hole, MA, USA: 2011 – Poster
2015 – Travel award from University of Dundee to attend the Kinetoplastid Molecular Cell Biology Conference in Woods Hole, MA, USA.
2011 – Pfizer prize for best MSci work placement year.
2008 – Dean’s prize for students with highest marks, prize included two weeks of lab experience with Prof. Jeremy Mottram.
2018Biallelic Mutations in LRRC56, Encoding a Protein Associated with Intraflagellar Transport, Cause Mucociliary Clearance and Laterality Defects, Am. J. Hum. Genet. 2018 Nov;103(5):727-739.
2018Host-parasite co-metabolic activation of antitrypanosomal aminomethyl-benzoxaboroles., PLoS Pathog. 2018 Feb 9;14(2):e1006850..
2017Flagellar incorporation of proteins follows at least two different routes in trypanosomes, Biol. Cell 2018 110(2):33-47.
2016High-resolution analysis of multi-copy variant surface glycoprotein gene expression sites in African trypanosomes, BMC Genomics 2016 Oct;17(1):806.
2016VEX1 controls the allelic exclusion required for antigenic variation in trypanosomes, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2016 Jun;113(26):7225-30.
2015Vacuolar ATPase depletion affects mitochondrial ATPase function, kinetoplast dependency, and drug sensitivity in trypanosomes, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2015 Jul;112(29):9112-7.
2014Genome-scale RNAi screens for high-throughput phenotyping in bloodstream-form African trypanosomes, Nat Protoc 2015 Jan;10(1):106-33.
2013Antigenic variation in African trypanosomes: the importance of chromosomal and nuclear context in VSG expression control, Cell. Microbiol. 2013 Dec;15(12):1984-93.