Désolé, cet article est seulement disponible en Anglais Américain.
Cliquez pour voir le graph
Cliquez pour voir la ligne de temps
Ligne de temps
Role of the nicotinic receptor in Alzheimer’s disease pathology
Fani Koukouli (PI)
There is experimental and biomedical evidence that the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR) is implicated in Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) pathology. The only reasonably efficient FDA approved treatment for early stage AD, blockers of acetylcholine esterase […]
Institution and Location
Field of Study
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Institute Pasteur, Paris
RESEARCH AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
2017: Human Brain Project , Horizon 2020, SGA2 – Nicotinic receptors, PAM and NAM against Schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease and nicotine addiction
2012-2016: Integrative Neurobiology of Cholinergic Systems, – Dr. U. Maskos – Institute Pasteur Paris, France – Role of the nicotinic receptors in psychiatric and neurodegenerative disorders
2009-2011: Prion Diseases Research Group, – Pr. T. Sklaviadis – Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Department of Pharmacy, Greece – Possible protective effect of 5,7,8-trimethyl-3,4-dihydro-2H-1,4-benzoxazine derivatives in a prion disease model
2009: Centre of Research and Technology Hellas – Pr. T. Sklaviadis – Institute of Agrobiotechnology – Thessaloniki, Greece Goat prnp genotyping by DNA sequencing
2006-2009: Prion Diseases Research Group, – Pr. T. Sklaviadis – Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Department of Pharmacy, Greece – Apoptotic pathways and cell death in prion diseases
2016: In vivo multi-photon imaging DEMO, Principles and Applications of Fluorescence Microscopy course, Institut Pasteur, Paris
2009-2012: Teaching Assistant in Pharmacology classes for undergraduate students, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Department of Pharmacy, Greece
Awards and accomplishments
2017: L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science postdoctoral fellowship
2017: Thesis award: Prix de la Chancellerie des Universités de Paris_Prix Gandy spécialisé en Sciences (Sorbonne)
2017: Research Award in Biomedical Sciences (UNAFAM, French Ministry of Health)
2017: Research recommended in F1000 Prime 30 May
2016: Laboratoire d’Excellence de Biologie pour la Psychiatrie (Labex Bio-Psy) fellowship
2015: F1000 (Faculty of 1000) award at the Institute Pasteur Neuroscience Departmental Retreat 26-27 May 2015
2012-2015: Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship
2012-2015: International Pasteur Paris University Doctoral Program Fellowship
2010: Oral presentation prize at the 6th Annual Meeting, Greek Society of Pharmacology Crete, Greece
May 2017: Chirurgie expérimentale – habilitation training, Institute Pasteur, Paris, France
July-August 2013: Imaging structure and function in the nervous system, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York, USA
June 2013: Optical imaging and electrophysiological methods in Neuroscience, University Paris Descartes, Paris, France
May 2013: Animal experimentation ethics and welfare level 1. Training for scientific projects using animals, UPMC, Inserm, Paris, France
Participation in International Conferences
- 47th Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, November 11-15, 2017, Washington DC, USA. Poster: Nicotinic receptors modulate spontaneous neuronal activity patterns in the prefrontal cortex through a hierarchical inhibitory circuit.
- Human Brain Project SP8.8 Inaugural meeting, July 6, 2017, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France. Oral Presentation: Contribution of nicotinic receptors to ultraslow fluctuations in mouse prefrontal cortex.
- 46th Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, November 12-16, 2016, San Diego, USA. Poster: Role of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in Alzheimer’s Disease hyperactivity in prefrontal cortex.
- 2nd Institut Pasteur Workshop on Human Nicotinic Receptor Polymorphisms October 14, 2016, Paris, France. Oral presentation: The role of the nicotinic receptors in prefrontal cortex spontaneous activity in the normal and diseased brain.
- FENS Featured Regional Meeting October 7-10 2015, Thessaloniki, Greece. Oral Presentation: Crucial role of CHRNA5 in drug addiction and cognition.
- 45th Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, October 17-21, 2015, Chicago. Poster: Nicotinic receptors control prefrontal cortex activity.
- 45th Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, October 17-21, 2015, Chicago. Poster: Circuit level mechanisms enable the control of prefrontal cortex activity by nicotinic receptors.
- 44th Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, November 15-19, 2014, Washington DC. Poster: Role of nicotinic receptor subunits in spontaneous activity of prelimbic cortex.
- 1st Institut Pasteur Workshop on Human polymorphisms in Nicotinic Receptor Genes-From Genetics to Personalised Treatment, July 18-19, 2014, Paris France. Oral presentation: CHRNA7 and Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Alzheimer’s Association International Conference, July 12-17, 2014 Copenhagen Denmark. Oral presentation: Anti-Ab and anti-tau camel single-domain antibodies: a new tool for in vivo imaging and potential diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Prions: Epigenetics and Neurodegenerative Disease, May 27-30, 2014, Trieste, Italy. Poster: Evaluation of the diagnostic potential of 14-3-3 testing in blood contaminated CSF samples, utilizing sporadic CJD correlated biomarkers (t-Tau, Aβ(1-42)
- 7th Panhellenic Conference on Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders Meeting, Greek Society of Pharmacology, February 2011, Thessaloniki, Greece. Oral presentation: Benzoxazine derivatives as potential therapeutics for Prion Diseases.
- 6th Annual Meeting, Greek Society of Pharmacology, June 2010, Crete, Greece. Oral presentation: Possible protective effect of 2,3-dihydro-2H-1,4 Benzoxazine Derivatives in a prion disease model.
Greek (native speaker)
English: Proficiency in English, University of Michigan
French: Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française DALF C2
2016Early and progressive deficit of neuronal activity patterns in a model of local amyloid pathology in mouse prefrontal cortex, 2016 Dec 20;8(12):3430-3449. .
2016Nicotinic receptors in mouse prefrontal cortex modulate ultraslow fluctuations related to conscious processing., 2016 Dec 20;113(51):14823-14828..
2016Camelid single-domain antibodies: A versatile tool for in vivo imaging of extracellular and intracellular brain targets, J Control Release 2016 Dec;243:1-10.
2015New tools for amyloid plaques detection by MRI: Gadolinium-VHH antibody conjugates, 2014; 10, Supplement, P14–P15.
2015The multiple roles of the α7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor in modulating glutamatergic systems in the normal and diseased nervous system, Biochem. Pharmacol. 2015 Oct;97(4):378-87.
2012Inhibition of PrP(Sc) formation in scrapie infected N2a cells by 5,7,8-trimethyl-3,4-dihydro-2H-1,4-benzoxazine derivatives, Prion 2012 Nov-Dec;6(5):470-6.