The Milieu Intérieur Project (http://www.milieuinterieur.fr/fr) is an ambitious cohort study analyzing the impact of genetics and the environment, and their interactions, on the immune system. Its objectives are to establish a thorough understanding of the variation in the immune system in the general population, and to determine the role of genetics, aging, tobacco consumption, or microbiota in the regulation of immune programs. The Big Data Manager will process large biological datasets (human genomes, RNA-seq transcriptomes, microbiomes, proteomes, etc.), will manage the full life cycle of the data and develop online and offline databases to facilitate regular access requests to the data.
As part of this project, you will be in charge of :
– the management of multiple omics data generated by the Consortium, by collaboration with the Consortium’s coordinators and bioinformaticians
– the deposit of the “omics” data set in public repositories
– the preparation of data sets responding to approved requests for access to the data
– the creation of large databases of results from the Milieu Intérieur, in order to promote the reproducibility and the openness of science
We are looking for a candidate who enjoys coding, structuring, organizing large volumes of Big Data type data. Knowledge in genetics or biology would be a plus.
– Diploma: Master’s degree in (bio)informatics
– Experience: 3 to 5 years ideally
– Fluency in English, level B2
– Mastery of programming languages (R, SQL, Python, Unix shell…), mandatory experience in HPC (High Performance Computing)
– Competence in handling large datasets
– High ability to work in a team and centralize information (highly collaborative environment)
– Good communication with team members
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your C.V and motivation letter (one pdf file) to apply for this position