The Pasteur International Center for Research on Emerging Infectious Diseases (PICREID project) was launched in July 2020 and will continue until May 31st 2025. This NIH-funded project studies the transmission, adaptation and pathogenesis of viruses with pandemic potential in Southeast Asia and West and Central Africa. It unites researchers from 6 teams at Institut Pasteur (those of PD/PIs Anavaj Sakuntabhai and Etienne Simon-Lorière as well as the teams of Marc Eloit, Felix Rey, Jean-Claude Manuguerra and Simon Cauchemez). They are joined by researchers from Institut Pasteur du Cambodge, Centre Pasteur du Cameroun, Institut Pasteur de Dakar, the Centre for Research in Infectious Diseases and Sivas Cumhuriyet University.
The PICREID midterm meeting will be organized on January 19-20th, 2023 at Institut Pasteur. This meeting is open to Pasteurians. Registration is free but mandatory (please note that seating is limited).
Day 1 (François Jacob building, room 28-01-01A; 9:30-5:30)
Project updates from the consortium: all teams at Institut Pasteur (Sakuntabhai, Simon-Lorière, Rey, Eloit, Manuguerra and Cauchemez), Institut Pasteur du Cambodge, Institut Pasteur de Dakar, Centre Pasteur du Cameroun, Centre for Research in Infectious Diseases (Cameroon) & Sivas Cumhuriyet University
Day 2 (Lwoff building, Retrovirus room, 9:30-5:30)
- 9:30 AM Presentations by CREID Pilot Program laureat Dr. Janin Nouhin + 2023 Pilot Program candidates Huguette Simo, Delia Doreen Djuicy, Bianca Bratuleanu / Sarah Temman & Dolyce Hong Wen Low
- 10:50 AM: Grants: Opportunities, tools and tips for sucess
- Grants Office: Ksenia Bagrintseva & Soizic Sergeant
- SPAIS: ACIP & PTR 2023 calls – Mallory Perrin-Wolff
- 11:50 AM scientific presentations by Dr. Tineke Cantaert, Dr. Marc Eloit and Dr. Pablo Guardado-Calvo
- 2 PM: Networking, one-on-one meetings
- 2:45 PM: Galette des rois
- 3:30-5:30 PM: Keynote speaker event* (Agnès Ullman amphitheater): The PICREID project, with generous support from the Virology and Global Health Departments as well as the Fondation Pasteur Japon, is pleased to welcome three expert guest speakers in the field of emerging infectious diseases: Kei Sato, Keita Matsuno and Akatsuki Saito. *Please note that registration for this event is separate from the main PICREID meeting. See the event webpage for more information.
Register for the PICREID midterm meeting by Wednesday, January 11th.
Contact the Project Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the project website: www.picreid.org