ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini postdoctoral program supports two-year fellowships as part of the Emile Roux funds and Mrs. Paola Marchetti-Cantarini’s legacy in memory of her late husband Mr. Manlio Cantarini.
These fellowships are dedicated to postdoctoral researchers aiming to conduct research projects in Institut Pasteur (IP) research entities on the Paris campus.
• Fellowships are for two years.
• Funding is paid as a salary and covers health insurance and retirement.
• Application deadline: September 15th, 2020.
• Anticipated announcement of decisions: early November 2020.
• For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini fellowships are only tenable in research entities of Institut Pasteur in Paris.
• The host IP research entity can only present one application per session.
• Postdocs already present on the Paris Campus are eligible to apply to the Pasteur-Roux fellowship program.
• Candidates of any nationality are eligible to apply.
• Candidates must have completed their PhD degree no later than six years prior the date of application (i.e. obtained their thesis after September 2014) or will do so prior to commencing fellowship (Thesis defense date schedulded).
In case of woman postdoc candidate, her maternity leave will provide her with one year of derogation per child. For example, the eligibility period is extended to 7 years after the thesis defense in case of one pregnancy.
• Unsuccessful applicants to a previous Pasteur-Roux or Pasteur-Cantarini fellowship call are eligible to re-apply. Applicants who wish to do so can inform in advance email@example.com to use the support letters from the previous session.
• Successful fellows of the Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini program must start their work in the host IP entity within 6 months after notification of the award (e.g. before April 30th, 2021).
• The proposed research program must be achievable within the two-year funding.
• The Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini program does not consider spontaneous applications. Before applying, the candidate must ensure he/she is accepted by a host research entity of IP in Paris.
• Applications from an IP research entity that already benefits from a postdoctoral funding package (e.g., newly arrived G5 or unit) are not accepted.
• Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini fellowships cannot be used to complement other sources of funding.
• Applications from former IP PhD students will not be considered, except if a first postdoctoral training has been performed in another research Institution.
• A Pasteur-Roux-Cantarini fellowship will not be awarded to the same host IP research entity in two consecutive calls.
Candidates’ application files should include:
1. APPLICATION FORM duly completed. This application consists of the following components:
1) Applicant information (updated CV, academic background, list of publications, summary of past research performed)
2) Project proposal (summary and detailed description)
3) Presentation letter from the host IP research entitity head
4) Scanned copy of the candidate’s passport or ID (pages showing your photograph and your identification)
5) Names of up to three references (mentors or advisors)
Complete application should be submitted in .pdf format and named as follow: Applicant’s SURNAME Name_ Lab Head’s SURNAME.pdf (example: SMITH John_Lab CARTER).
Applications should be sent before September 15th, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Recommendation letters TO BE PROVIDED SEPARATELY: Up to three reference letters sent directly from recommenders to bourses@pasteur before September 15th, 2020. Recommendation letters must be submitted on official institution letterhead and named as follow LOR_Applicant’s SURNAME Name_ Recommander’s SURNAME.pdf (example: LOR_SMITH John_KENNEDY)
A fellowship committee, who will consider (1) the candidate’s experience and (2) scientific achievements and (3) the novelty and biological significance of the proposed research project, will assess all eligible applications. The needs of the IP, including strategic priorities will be also taken into account in the final decision.